Justin Miller on Piracy

Jul 13, 2009
Because I happen to care what happens to magic. And when people are allowed to make uninformed statements which might influence other magicians, they should be identified and corrected. .

Fair enough, all though I do not know of any uninformed statements.

Clearly you have no intention (and I assume ability) to hold a rational discourse on the issue of illegal downloading and the monetary effects it has on creators.

Well you know about assumptions, they just make an ass out of you and me.

Also yes I am pretty damn heartless on this situation. Regardless of what I typed before, I really could care less because I know it has no effect on me, don’t you love American values?

For those who DO care what people who have actually STUDIED the situation think, please visit the Genii forum and check out some of the discussions there. They will link you to many of the studies.

Link to the threads (genii) is what I have been after for the longest time now.

Brad

p.s. The last line is a nice try, but heavy handed and inelegantly presented. Re-read your Knepper. .
I dislike Knepper’s I am a magician not a mentalist. Besides I would rather further explore the material I already absorbed over the 11 years of performing, and perfect them to my standards, which is perfection.

p.p.s. Your profile lists you as 19. So, either you are a kid who thinks he knows more than he does, or a liar. In either case, now I know what I am dealing with. Good luck with your magic.

Wow, yep you got to love the profiles. It also states I am a mage, I wander the world, I am a carpenter, and perform the dark arts of magick (For you religious folks that was a blow to you) anyone can tell I am full of sludge. But I guess congratulations is in order, for what I have no idea.
There is no honor amongst thieves.

Ps
I did the carbon monoxide problem, we were both wrong the percent of carbon is 43% and Oxygen is 57%

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
" Art is a deep way of communicating truth, an expression or extension of ones self to the world in which they live, in order to truthfully and magnificently make that which is hidden known"

Express what? truth? Most of the times we are just portraying a character.

Magic being as an art can be compared with calling "culinary" skills art, or the "martial" arts.

Magic is not art just as music or poetry or painting is. I see two different definitions there.

P.S Sorry to get a little bit of topic but this topic just fascinates me :)

Jul 13, 2009
[ooc] Okay I am getting bored so, I just want to apologize to the forum for drawing this out wayyyyyyyy to long. Anyway I didn't like Knepper because I couldn't find when I was going to use any of his teachings so I returned the book, That was when I was 10. I am sure it would be useful or at least a good read for me now today. But anyway Brad check your email.

May 31, 2008
target the torrent sites

i say that creators target torrent sites and kindly ask the torrent administrators to remove torrents, and threaten legal action.

That would be a huge step in the right direction. People don't go looking for trouble. When they realize that consequences are real they
might actually think twice before downloading torrents.

At the very least, though bold, I think people like Justin Miller should make accounts for these major torrent sites and simply ask people
not to pirate material. Although it won't be an auto fix, it is a step in the right direction... Many people who pirate magic
are not evil scum, but people who are short on cash, etc...

Jul 13, 2009
You know its not just torrenting sites, there are full websites dedicated to the "Free sharing of knowled and ideas" of magic. Forums where they post "Tutorials" (sometimes match youtube tutorials in quality). Now there are even some forums that post links to mediafire, megaupload, rapidshare, etc.

But truly once your product has been torrented that's it. Once one person has the file, no matter how many times you shut down a site, the file will pop-up somewhere else. 25,000 is a big number, and I am sure one if not more of those people will re post that file somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 2755

You know its not just torrenting sites, there are full websites dedicated to the "Free sharing of knowled and ideas" of magic. Forums where they post "Tutorials" (sometimes match youtube tutorials in quality). Now there are even some forums that post links to mediafire, megaupload, rapidshare, etc.

But truly once your product has been torrented that's it. Once one person has the file, no matter how many times you shut down a site, the file will pop-up somewhere else. 25,000 is a big number, and I am sure one if not more of those people will re post that file somewhere else.

Quoted for truth.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results