New Paper Crane Magic

Thanks Shane for clarifying and getting into some details. I hope this really puts you on the map. You deserve it and really put everything into our craft.

I can't wait to see people who have bought this start reviews. BTW...dude, it is not even cold yet in Ohio....ha ha. Wait until winter hits and it is below zero and a foot of snow. I guess you get used to it.

I know Halloween was in the forties or something and I'm used to 107 degree days and there where frat boys with war paint and no shirts on and my hands where numb. Now that I live up north I'm in for a rude awakening just purchased a winter coat three times my size and wool lining boots. No I don't look like a tourist.:D I'm scared hold me!

Thanks for the support.

Let me see if I can shed some light for you guys on what you get with the system.

I'll clarify what the Pandora System is first then I'll go over what it does. In the DVD which took me quite some time to shoot to get the hour and a half of edited footage that it contains goes over several effects in detail what the Pandora System allows you to do.

The system is hand crafted by myself from the highest grade materials and signed by me to assure the quality of each system. Each system takes an hour to make plus the cost of materials is higher you recieve multiple items in the box which is why the cost is the way it is but the price is relatively cheaper than its counter part products out there and in my opinion a better product due to it's practicality and workmanship. Why is this item made so prestigious and worth it?

In the DVD I credit over ten other artists that have used the card to sealed box plot but in my five years of using this system my system has never failed me in a performance. It's dependable and easy to set-up in a few minutes and is as practical as it gets. From my research and no offense to anyone elses effects the set-ups on some of the effects lack real world needs and I'm a worker in the field so I designed it to benefit me that way. I can walk around with the system set up for hours without worries of having indexed cards or knocking something over in my pocket jamming up my performance. I can perform all I want and on a minutes notice go right into using my system, this will not go on the back of your shelf.

The system is small, lightweight, out of the way and not crammed under an armpit, or any other scenario causing you to be uncomfortable throughout your performance. On top of that you will recieve an extra pocket for the sealed deck leaving you without any lost pocket space. Trust me when I tell you you won't even know your wearing it.

I setup for two of the performances in the back of a car in under 3 minutes for the sealed deck version.

This system is not for everyone its for the worker that wants a blow out effect to finish their show with. There ARE very few card tricks that will let you get to this level with your audience which is what makes the system such a powerful tool. A buddy of mine told me "I don't use gimmicks", and I responded "good it's not a gimmick it's a utility tool". Now he owns it and loves it and all he does is call me to tell me his ideas on different uses hes come up with for the system, the sky is your limit.

I debuted the system which took me five years to decide to release it by the way, but I debuted it at the Daytona Magic Convention a few weeks ago and the responses from guys like Harry Anderson, Kostya, Cameron Francis, Paul Richards, Kosmo, Chris Capehart just to name a few completley loved this system. I had kids at my dealers table for three days playing with the system and sold out of the demos.

Imagine walking up to a table and introducing yourself and someone at the table says their names Jimmy. You tell Jimmy to open the deck setting on the table and spread the cards, he does so and one card is face down, he turns it over and its a blank face card that says Jimmy. (Instant opener)

You ask someone to think of a word using your favorite impression device you make that word appear written on a card in the box, or perform a completley inspectable invisible, brainwave routine.

I have used the system for many effects not just the sealed plot. And a few notes I'm from Texas and we shot this in Ohio and I was freaking freezing my butt off shooting those performances.lol Those guys are wearing t-shirts and some were not wearing shirts at all. Crazy

If there's anything else I can answer for you feel free to ask guys and thank you for the support it drives my creativity.

Thanks,

Shane
i love them all, i really do...pandora opens up a lot for a lotta magicians... but sweetly done is the "sh*t!!!

Thanks Cedric "Sweetly Done" is now being pressed as a DVD now so in a few weeks you can get the actual DVD. I'm trying to work something out with Papercrane on those who already purchased it to get a deal on the DVD itself.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 26, 2007
This product is great for people like me. I don't want an effect that is something that I can only do once a night, I need effects that take very little to no set up and can be done multiple times a night. I am a performer that does almost nothing more difficult than effect that use a simple sleights DL, Controls ETC. Baically the point I am making is that the Pandora System is for the hobbyist and the pro and they will be happy with their purchase. Why? because they will both get a produt that they will use. We have all been there we buy these amazng efects anddontdo them because they are a lot of work and who wants to feel all rigged up when they go out to perform or have a good time. When I am using the system I go with the non sealed version. This means I have their signed card travel to boxed deck. I can perform this many times a night ansd it recieves a very strong reation almost as strong as the seale version. What's even better is that I can do it multiple times a night with the same box the same can be with a sealed box but obviously you would hae to do the 1 minute prep to reset the cellophane. This is like the stuff people see on TV except you are now able to do it anywhere without a lengthy set up. Want proof look at the demo we aren't doing this is in a paid theatrical performance we are dong it on the street and places where you can do impractical magic. I hope this helps.

D

Deleted member 2755

I know the workings behind The Advocate, and I really dislike it. It's an insanely good idea, but I feel almost "dirty" when I have it with me. I was also too scared to have anything else in my pocket because I thought it might mess up the setup. For that reason, The Advocate quickly left my arsenal. It wasn't for me. I haven't had time yet with the Pandora System as I don't have the actual gimmick. I only know the workings behind it. It is genius.

I can see why some people would like DM's The Advocate. The problem I have with some of DM's work though is that his gimmicks are pretty complex sometimes. They annoy me.

With the Pandora System, I don't believe I'll feel that way. It's an awesome utility device, and the possibilities are endless. Not that The Advocate isn't good, but it just isn't for me. What's good for some may not be good for others.

I'll stick with the Pandora System. Just about anyone who purchases it won't regret it. Shane is THE most creative thinker I know. His magic is genius.

-Doug

Hey guys I wanted to update this thread and let you in on the scoop. Yesterday a woman that has lost her way to say at the least tried to kill me and made my family homeless by admittingly telling the police she set her house on fire to get back at her husband. Fortunatley the police allowed me back in to retrieve the Pandora Systems that thank god where not damaged in any way so we are actually on schedule for the release and me and my family are fine we where insured and the red cross put us up in a hotel for a few days so I'm here helping my family with anything they need. I'm headed back to Columbus on Thursday to start shooting my next project with Papercrane I can't get into any details about that but be looking for that around Feb. you guys will love this as well.

Anyways heres a clip from the news thought you guys might find this interesting you can tell I just woke up. Haha

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/8178/1198665

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/wind-contributes-to-fast

Peace!

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Holy crap Shane. Sorry to hear about that mess. That's terrible. If you need anything here in Ohio I'm just two hours north of Columbus.

Holy crap Shane. Sorry to hear about that mess. That's terrible. If you need anything here in Ohio I'm just two hours north of Columbus.

Hey thanks guys I know I've been really busy getting ready for the official release of the system and it's right around the corner the clocks started. For those of you who purchased the pre-release or purchase it tonight only you will recieve a free copy of my book "Conceptions of Mystery" with your purchase. This is a one time deal guys I llok forward to the reviews let the show begin!

Shane

Shane...

I preordered on the 7th.
What's the scoop with "Conceptions of Mystery" book?

-JOSH

Hey Josh,

I plan on going through all the pre-orders todays and tommorow and I'll be e-mailing out direct download links withing the next few days.

Also The Pandora System is officially shipping so all the pre-orders are in the mail and we have them available to the community so I look forward to hearing all your ideas guys bring it. Cheers!

Shane:D

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
No the pandora is signed, sealed and NOT stooged. I think it was convienient that the "spectator" had a new deck of cards with him.

Watching that video is not a full stooge. They (production crew) could have given him the wrapped deck and said say this is yours or try and throw off Criss with this deck. So yes it is considered a stooge but that could be fully do-able with out one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results