Coin Under Watch

Nov 7, 2009
Hey everyone I need help....
Does anyone know how to get a coin or card under somebodys watch without them noticing like this? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0sxRzfHzk (1:25) + (3:37)
------------------------
THIS WAS A COIN UNDER WATCH THREAD BUT SINCE IVE BEEN RECCOMENDED A DVD WHICH IM GOING TO BUY CALLED COIN TO WATCH THIS IS NOW BASED ON THE COIN BEND BELOW!

Does anyone also know what this coin bend is called and where I can buy it? -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0sxRzfHzk (3:06)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no set "way" to get the coin there. Esentially you are using numerouse forms of rapid deception and misdirection in order to keep them focused on something else and they shouldn't even notice what's going on with their wrist. It follows the same basic principle as the watch steal.

Nov 7, 2009
There is no set "way" to get the coin there. Esentially you are using numerouse forms of rapid deception and misdirection in order to keep them focused on something else and they shouldn't even notice what's going on with their wrist. It follows the same basic principle as the watch steal.

I usually get it there with the thing david blaine does where the 2 cards switch and he takes there watch but i get the coin under it. They usually figure it out though....

Is there a quick way I can do it?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I do not do coin under watch unless it is my own watch, it goes under for a vanish.
I normally do this with a flipper and a shell thus making 3 coins vanish one at a time.
Josh Jay and Garrett Thomas have routines with this.

As far as getting it under someone else's watch for an appearance...I have not even tried.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I strongly encourage you to get "Coin Under Watch"by Oz Pearlman, is one of my greatest tricks, It just not get any better, also the methods taught in the DVD are great,they help you to load the coin with confidence and using misdirection effectively

One of my more awesome tricks is a coin under watch while disapearing the coin in his hand with a M5 and then reapearing it under his watch...
that is just crazy to them!!!! the reactions are so amazing!!!

I do not do coin under watch unless it is my own watch, it goes under for a vanish.
I normally do this with a flipper and a shell thus making 3 coins vanish one at a time.
Josh Jay and Garrett Thomas have routines with this.

As far as getting it under someone else's watch for an appearance...I have not even tried.

I really advice you to try it out...

is better one vanish and reapear in their hands, than 3 in your hands

besides is not that difficult, at least you should try in your friends to see how it works before doing it to an spectator

Dec 5, 2009
Wait till their sleeping. Haha , The only time I have done coin under watch was when my grandpa was over and I slippe dit under his watch. When he awoke I vanished a coin and reproduced it, You guessed it, under his watch.

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
Wait till their sleeping. Haha , The only time I have done coin under watch was when my grandpa was over and I slippe dit under his watch. When he awoke I vanished a coin and reproduced it, You guessed it, under his watch.
Though a pretty old topic, I don't see what's wrong with reviving.

I just gotta say, genius!! Would be awesome if you repeated that, and then filmed the vanish - production sequence. Huge props! How was the reaction?

Dec 5, 2009
Though a pretty old topic, I don't see what's wrong with reviving.

I just gotta say, genius!! Would be awesome if you repeated that, and then filmed the vanish - production sequence. Huge props! How was the reaction?

He threatened to take me out back and have me burned at a stake.(If we could find one.)

So, Remember everyone, when your audience is snoring, that's your oppurtunity! :D

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I just wanted to add to this that I have never purchased any material on the coin under watch, I have merely watched (haha, see what I did there?...yes...no...gah, never mind) a couple of videos of people performing it, tried it on a watch on my magician friend's arm a few times then went and did it to someone as part of a trick. It's really a lot easier than you'd think. Just get some motivation to grab somebody's arm, practice getting the move smooth on a watch on your own arm, and give it a go on some friend or family member that it won't matter if you fail on. I'd only recommend getting a dvd on it after you've given it a try like this. You might decide you don't need it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
The coin under watch subterfuge is really more about attitude than technique. Watch other performances of it, work out a choreography that suits you, and then figure out a way to go into your routine with confidence. Watch the misdirectional techniques employed in good performances of the effect. In short- study.
Hope this helps.

CL

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
One tip: make sure the coin is warm! keep it in your pocket or close to your body before performing. I made the mistake of trying to load a cold coin once! Trust me, it's very noticeable. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results