Would You Like to be Featured in the Linking Ring Magazine?

Hi everyone,

I am now writing the youth article for the monthly Linking Ring Magazine, one of the oldest and largest publications for magicians in the world, and am currently looking for several of my magical brothers and sisters to write about.

If you or someone you know are eighteen or younger, and an IBM member (Non-members may apply, but preference is given to members), then please send the following information to cliff[atsign]amazenyou.com

Subject Line: Linking Ring Youth
Name
Notable Experiences (this can be contests you've entered/won, things you have done, etc.)

The youth of magic tend to not get enough attention at times, so this is YOUR shot at getting out there, spreading the word about your magic, and spreading the word about the youth of this great art!

Anyone who I am interested in featuring in the coming months will receive a response from me very soon.

Thanks!
C

Last edited by a moderator:
I've received several great responses that I will be considering, it's great to hear from you guys.

Unfortunately it seems that everyone who has applied is not an IBM member. Though non-members can be featured, the article is really intended for members, so I'd like to encourage any young IBM members to please apply.

Thanks!
C

I don't think it matters if you belong in some sort of circle, magicians are there to entertain.

If I remember correctly the only thing you need to do to join IBM is 2 years of experience and a payment to be in. Well..... that doesn't really count for much in my opinion. If somebody is good enough and beats out the rest with talent then I believe they should be spotlighted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I think 8 needs some elaboration, because it is a very vague point.

Does it look good in the creators hands? Why does it, is it because the camera is super focused on the hands, or not focused, or perhaps they have a very focused angle throughout the performances. This is stuff you need to watch.

However if they perform it better because they are better then that just means you need to strive for more. I can't tell you how many times I see somebody gives up because they don't get "good reactions" like the person in the dvd. That's just nonsense because you have the potential you just aren't getting there because of laziness or lack of experience.
Wrong thread Sherlock;)

Dec 30, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "The Linking Ring" is an affiliate of IBM. Much like M.U.M. is with SAM.

Yes, the Linking Ring is essentially the journal for the IBM.

And yes, I definitely agree that talent is the most important thing, not affiliation. Several non-IBM members have been featured in the past and will be featured in the future. However, the Linking Ring is explicitly intended for IBM members, and is paid for by such. We do not shun anyone away from being featured, that would be cultish and wrong, however a preference is given to those that the magazine is intended for.

Also, membership in the IBM is not just joining a "club". There are member benefits including insurance, scholarship programs and more.

I can tell you first hand that, at times, I have found the organization to be a bit "stuffy", but that is what you will not find in my writings, and that is why I came here and opened up applications. I am reaching out to any and all talented youth, but understand that I am under guidelines and criteria as well.

Thanks!
C

Sep 1, 2007
I applied, and I'm actually interested in joining the IBM and a couple other clubs.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they really worth paying for?

~Beans

I applied, and I'm actually interested in joining the IBM and a couple other clubs.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they really worth paying for?

~Beans

Beans of all people I think the IBM should take an imediate interest in you on your herritage alone. If they DON'T contact you then I think something is wrong.

All of the clubs are a very good thing to be apart of. IBM,SAM, and the AMA/Magic Castle. Depending on the ring you join, some are more active than others. They give you a good place to practice and show off your skills, and they look really good on a resume when you're trying to get gigs.

Sep 1, 2007
Beans of all people I think the IBM should take an imediate interest in you on your herritage alone. If they DON'T contact you then I think something is wrong.

All of the clubs are a very good thing to be apart of. IBM,SAM, and the AMA/Magic Castle. Depending on the ring you join, some are more active than others. They give you a good place to practice and show off your skills, and they look really good on a resume when you're trying to get gigs.

I'd like to get in based on what I've done, not what my great grandfather has. I'm worried about mentioning W.C. when I go to try out for the magic castle as well, I want to be good enough, not just get in because I'm a Fields

know what I mean Will? I don't mean to sound mean or anything

~Beans

May 18, 2008
I recently became a member of the IBM, and this sounds legit. Will definitly be sending an email in the next few days.

I'd like to get in based on what I've done, not what my great grandfather has. I'm worried about mentioning W.C. when I go to try out for the magic castle as well, I want to be good enough, not just get in because I'm a Fields

know what I mean Will? I don't mean to sound mean or anything

~Beans

Completely. A noble cause at that too. I totaly get where you are comming from.

It's been great to hear from several of you guys. Please keep in mind that if I don't email you back immediately, I still have your information and may be in contact in the future. I have 11 more articles to write during my time with the magazine, so there's plenty of room for you guys!

C

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results