Muscle pass applications

Nov 29, 2008
Hey everybody, anyone know any good sources for applications of the muscle pass as a sleight? I have mostly only seen it as a display kind of thing by magicians like Jay Noblezada and Dan Whatkins. But I have seen some applications for it in Cultural Xchange for productions, vanishes and ditches. Which i thought was really interesting. Anyone else know of some good places?

Nov 29, 2008
Very nice, i might track down shoot's DVD. Although I think my muscle pass needs to get better first, i can only do like 4-5 inches at this point haha

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
That's probably enough.

Other resources that use the Muscle Pass in a unique way:

Coins Akira's (DVD from Japanese magician Akira Fujii)
Cultural Exchange (DVD, check out Shoot's Shot, Shoot's Production, and Sleeving Techniques)
Muscle Pass DVD by David Kong (in my opinion, it's better than Noblezada's MP DVD)

Scott.

Hey everybody, anyone know any good sources for applications of the muscle pass as a sleight? I have mostly only seen it as a display kind of thing by magicians like Jay Noblezada and Dan Whatkins. But I have seen some applications for it in Cultural Xchange for productions, vanishes and ditches. Which i thought was really interesting. Anyone else know of some good places?

A guy who worked for Marvin's Magic in Hamelys in London once showed me a great coin through glass type thing using the muscle pass where you swear you see the coin jump though the glass.

Don't know where you can learn it, but might give you some ideas.

Rev

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
A guy who worked for Marvin's Magic in Hamelys in London once showed me a great coin through glass type thing using the muscle pass where you swear you see the coin jump though the glass.

Don't know where you can learn it, but might give you some ideas.

Rev

The basics for this are most recently explained in Daniel Garcia's routine, Quarters. However, this has been done with the muscle pass for a very long time.

Scott.

Sep 3, 2007
The basics for this are most recently explained in Daniel Garcia's routine, Quarters. However, this has been done with the muscle pass for a very long time.

Scott.

You really think so? Because, that is the first time I was introduced to it (that and Silver Dream). Later I learned that it was invented by J.C.

Sep 3, 2007

Personally, I wouldn't display it as such. There are many uses for it, and once they figure out that there's a way to toss the coin without them seeing it, the coin magic becomes predictable to them. In a way, the coin that falls up is exposure unless you do it believably.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
You really think so? Because, that is the first time I was introduced to it (that and Silver Dream). Later I learned that it was invented by J.C.

NONONONONO! lol

John Cornelius did NOT invent the muscle pass. Arthur Buckley (1890-1953) did. It's in his book, Principles and Deceptions.

John Cornelius pioneered just one of its uses- "the coin that falls up".

Unfortunately, DG didn't invent this use of the MP (penetrations through glass or objects), either.

Ray Kosby did a similar penetration in his coins through hand, John Kennedy and Jay Sankey both did a similar penetration for the final coin of his coins through table, and Curtis Kam did a similar thing (he used it as a production of a bunch of coins from a wall).

These routines are all "pre-Quarters".

I have a penetration using the MP in my upcoming book; a coin falls through the lid of an Okito box.

Scott.

May 6, 2009
NONONONONO! lol

John Cornelius did NOT invent the muscle pass. Arthur Buckley (1890-1953) did. It's in his book, Principles and Deceptions.

Unfortunately, DG didn't invent this use of the MP (penetrations through glass or objects), either.

Ray Kosby did a similar penetration in his coins through hand, John Kennedy and Jay Sankey both did a similar penetration for the final coin of his coins through table, and Curtis Kam did a similar thing (he used it as a production of a bunch of coins from a wall).

I have a penetration using the MP in my upcoming book; a coin falls through the lid of an Okito box.

Scott.

Sheesh, Scott . You really know your coins.....you're a machine too....ponta's spellbound in 1 day....feh :p

Sep 3, 2007
NONONONONO! lol

Scott.

If you use my thumb pass make sure to credit me.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I disagree with do not display muscle pass. When it is done properly and at correct angle, it does not look like tossing a coin up (it shouldn't in the first place). If there is one coin trick I repeat after one performance is coin that falls up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results