New Merch Idea

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Here's an image for merch to sell after a show. I'd be grateful for your thoughts.

it does look like you...

I think I saw this with Dan Sperry...I survived the Dan Sperry show...something like that.

anyway Human Blockhead it´s your signature trick so I think it does look great...maybe some notebooks or something people can use in their daily lives...

btw...I do sell some merchandise after my shows....but it´s more like magic sets for kids and some decks..

edit..I would buy it if I can find this in a notebook...

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I like it A LOT Draven, despite Dan Sperry using the "I survived the...show" bit!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Draven,

This quote has been used all over the place so I don't think you'd be stepping on Dan's toes unless he had his wording trademarked / copyrighted...etc.

Many things you can do with these shirts. Just two ideas off the top of my head right now.

1.) Give them to volunteers who helped in the act.
2.) Toss them into the crowd prior to the show starting to generate some excitement.

Draven,

This quote has been used all over the place so I don't think you'd be stepping on Dan's toes unless he had his wording trademarked / copyrighted...etc.

Many things you can do with these shirts. Just two ideas off the top of my head right now.

1.) Give them to volunteers who helped in the act.
2.) Toss them into the crowd prior to the show starting to generate some excitement.

Thanks for the tips Rever, those are some great ideas! It doesn't surprise me that Dan's already used this. I thought it was too good of an idea to be original.
I think I'll tread lightly, but proceed none the less.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Definitely proceed. I've seen it used with everything from amusement park rides to comedy acts.

I really like the notebook idea. Of course, if you just got stickers made, of varying sizes, people could put them on their notebooks and it saves you the trouble/cost of having notebooks made.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Dan Sperry's T-shirt made sense though.
The shirt was all bloody, since he uses a lot of gory stuff in his show. I think in one of his videos, he brings someone up on stage to cut their arm off with a circular saw.

"I survived the Draven show" doesn't really fit well to your audience unless you perform the type of tricks that are a little bloody. (I don't know if you do, I haven't seen your show)

Blockhead is a good trick, but doesn't really sell the idea that your audience survived the show.
I don't know, I could be wrong.
I would use a slogan that's catchy to go along with the trick on the shirt.
"Always pick your battles"

Or maybe incorporate a quote (original or not) to go along with your trick, and say it during your performance.
That way they'll remember you said that, so it would make sense on the shirt.
Just food for thought.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Dan Sperry's T-shirt made sense though.
The shirt was all bloody, since he uses a lot of gory stuff in his show. I think in one of his videos, he brings someone up on stage to cut their arm off with a circular saw.

"I survived the Draven show" doesn't really fit well to your audience unless you perform the type of tricks that are a little bloody. (I don't know if you do, I haven't seen your show)

Blockhead is a good trick, but doesn't really sell the idea that your audience survived the show.
I don't know, I could be wrong.
I would use a slogan that's catchy to go along with the trick on the shirt.
"Always pick your battles"

Or maybe incorporate a quote (original or not) to go along with your trick, and say it during your performance.
That way they'll remember you said that, so it would make sense on the shirt.
Just food for thought.

I believe Draven also does some knife swallowing and such... I thought he did quite a bit of geek... but he can intervene on this.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I believe Draven also does some knife swallowing and such... I thought he did quite a bit of geek... but he can intervene on this.

I guess a better post from me would be, "Draven, what type of effects do you perform in your show" and "Does your show have a certain theme to it?"
If it does, I would relate that theme as a caption on your shirt.

Jan 13, 2008
If that's the case, it would make sense for Draven himself to wear such a shirt, but it still fails to explain why his audience would want one--what part of the experience calls into question their "surviving" it?

Theme parks often sell that type of shirt because the person is going through a thrilling, what some would consider a "life-threatening" (despite usually being quite safe), experience. Hence, "I survived ...".

With Dan Sperry, again the shirt matches the ("bloody") experience.

However, unless Draven puts his audience members in the same type of situation (one that calls into question their well being (obviously not for real)), then he may want to rethink the phrase he puts on the shirt. If he does offer that type of experience, though, then the phrase would obviously be just fine (although lacking in creativity).

With that being said, I do like the image. With a fitting phrase, that would be a great image to plaster on all sorts of goodies to sell at the show. :)

I perform a lot of sideshow.

The quote is quite tongue and cheek.

My audience is never in any kind of danger at any given time. If anything I only risk my own safety.

My audience would or should want one because it's a keepsake of their experience for the night. As I said, it's merch.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jan 16, 2008
...or you can wrap the shirts in bubblewrap or something, then toss it into the crowd to find volunteers, and in the end the volunteer gets to keep it 'cuz he/she REALLY did "survive Draven's show".

I like the graphics, but it's a bit hard to see your face at first. Very stylish though. Nice.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Theme parks often sell that type of shirt because the person is going through a thrilling, what some would consider a "life-threatening" (despite usually being quite safe), experience. Hence, "I survived ...".

Or unless the show is very boring, then the "I survived" slogan would be humorous. :p

My audience would or should want one because it's a keepsake of their experience for the night. As I said, it's merch.

Thanks for the feedback.

I know it's a keepsake for them, but a regular shirt that says William Draven would do the trick for a souvenir.

You want something memorable on the shirt to match the show. "I survived" doesn't quite do it.
I'm sure you have a quote from a trick you can use.

I noticed you speak about trust in your show from your straight jacket escape on youtube.
Why not have "In Draven, I trust" on the shirt and a picture/sketch of you in a straight jacket.
I would think that's impressionable since it's like they're trusting a crazy man in a straight jacket.
I'd buy it.
~Just saying

Jan 13, 2008
I know it's a keepsake for them, but a regular shirt that says William Draven would do the trick for a souvenir.

You want something memorable on the shirt to match the show. "I survived" doesn't quite do it.
I'm sure you have a quote from a trick you can use.

I noticed you speak about trust in your show from your straight jacket escape on youtube.
Why not have "In Draven, I trust" on the shirt and a picture/sketch of you in a straight jacket.
I would think that's impressionable since it's like they're trusting a crazy man in a straight jacket.
I'd buy it.
~Just saying
Yes. This. This is the creative and fitting type of slogan I was talking about (...agreeing with)--that would be a much more fitting saying, given what we know about his show (i.e., the audience is never put into any perceived danger; and it fits a theme within the show). Excellent suggestion. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results