Palming

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I am really wanting to learn palming techniques. I love the possibilities with something as simple as a One Hand Top Palm or even just a top palm that is done very effectively.

Jay Sankey refers back to the One Hand Top Palm on A LOT of his DVDs, and the Top Palm is taught on the Kaos DVD. I have no problem with getting into the palm. My problem is the palm itself. Well, my palm. My fingers of my right hand, when held together have 5 windows in them. Also, my hand doesn't seem wide enough for a card - a corner either sticks out to the left of my pinky finger, or if it is concealed there, then a corner sticks out between my thumb and pointer finger.

I have been trying, but it seems like a lost cause. Could anyone maybe help me out?

Thanks, Rob

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I have the Erdnase PDF on my desktop but I may look into Foundations anyways just to have a few different learning angles. It was like this with my classic pass. I could do it, and pull it of with just eye contact with the spec but I wasn't great at it. I bought Jason England's one-on-one for it and watched it through a few times, and it improved A LOT

Try bending you hand more. It will look more natural and it might get rid of the windows. Don't be afraid to bend the card. Also if you are good with monitoring angles, having a corner pop out will not matter. Look at a gambler's cop. Half the car sticks out but the hand and angles cover the rest. Just some thoughts.

Cheers

Oni

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Try bending you hand more. It will look more natural and it might get rid of the windows. Don't be afraid to bend the card. Also if you are good with monitoring angles, having a corner pop out will not matter. Look at a gambler's cop. Half the car sticks out but the hand and angles cover the rest. Just some thoughts.

Cheers

Oni

Exactly, don't be afraid to bend the card. You want your hands to look as natural as possible, so making a fist with your hand on the table makes it seem like there couldn't be a card in there. You can always bend the card back when you want to reveal the card somewhere else. A good tip that works for me is to have somewhat sweaty hands so the card sticks better and push the card up into palm further away from your fingertips. The thumb crotch, with a little bit of tack to it, should secure that card in place and reduce flashing points.

Jun 10, 2010
Last edited by a moderator:
I love how this is copied WORD FOR WORD what I once stated in another thread regarding Erdnase.. http://forums.theory11.com/showthre...ard-Table-I-Need-Opinions&p=334598#post334598

But yes, that is where the pdf is available. 2nd time you'll have been given the same link..

Yes, it was just copy/pasted from your post. I'm using my cell phone to post this andthis site isn't the most mobile friendly website to navigate from a phone. I just found it easier to copy/paste the portion I needed instead of using the quote feature on here. I'm not trying to take credit for finding the pdf or anything just wanted to help him out.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
As for the windows thing, you are just going to have to force your hands to constantly close them. The more you do it, the more your hands will get used to it, and it will end up being an automatic natural thing. The other thing is misdirection and the fact that when you palm a card you aren't going to be holding it there forever. You will either instantly load it into your pocket/wallet/whatever. That is also where simple misdirection comes in handy.

Jun 10, 2010
Yes, it was just copy/pasted from your post. I'm using my cell phone to post this andthis site isn't the most mobile friendly website to navigate from a phone. I just found it easier to copy/paste the portion I needed instead of using the quote feature on here. I'm not trying to take credit for finding the pdf or anything just wanted to help him out.

No, I just didn't think anyone actually reads my posts. That was quite interesting lol.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
No, I just didn't think anyone actually reads my posts. That was quite interesting lol.

Aww I read 'em buddy.

Has anyone thought about clasping their hands together for a moment naturally? That kind of makes the palm angle proof.
You can just do something like say "SO" as you clap your hands together and then explain...whatever. Or you could try whatever patter and then at the end say something like "Got it?" and add that clap as a bit of a punctuation, making eye contact as you do so. Its a thought I've had but I haven't played around with it really.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
A lot of people don't get away with a palm because they aren't confident doing it. They either stare at their hand to make sure it's hidden or they look scared and nervous. A lot of people are afraid of bending the card and their hand looks like a tiny curved piece of cardboard. Unfortunately, I got caught palming a card once because I showed these signs, however I learned from them so that's always a good thing. Just keep in mind to not worry about if everything is concealed, but to make sure everything is natural and no attention is brought to them. Just act like absolutely nothing is there and nothing WILL be there (to the spectators).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results