Do you Crack your Knuckles?

Do you Crack your Knuckles?

• Total voters
Dec 11, 2010
California
Just wondering as to how many people here crack their knuckles and if so how many times.

Also I would like to know your opinion as to how badly it affects you as you age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 11, 2010
California
Yes sorry, I guess I will edit my OP.

I just wanted to know as to how many magicians crack their knuckles to see whether or not I should stop if I want to continue in card magic.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I've been cracking my knuckles since I was a young teenager, and I wouldn't say I'm the most dexterous person, but I also haven't noticed any big changes in dexterity from then to now (I'm 29 now).
However, it's probably a good habit to drop, as it is potentially harmful (according to rumor), and grosses people out.

I'm 15... I honestly never wanted to. It's kind of became a terrible habit. If I don't crack my fingers/neck often, it begins to get difficult to move them.

Yea, same here unless I crack my neck/hands/arms/whatever often enough it becomes kind of hard to move. Like I can still move, but it's a bit of a strain. Actually, my hands aren't that bad when I don't crack them anymore, it's been that way since I picked up magic a few years ago. They used to be really bad before I picked up magic.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Actually it is not a rumor, cracking your fingers wears down your bones. ( I do not know the correct words to explianing it).

But alas, yeah I do crack my fingers. It is a sign that I mean bussines and it makes me look tough :3

Nov 3, 2009
Knuckle cracking is due to the nitrogen bubbles that build up in the joints. Its not harmful if you dont crack them so dont worry. What damages the hands is the stretching of the tendons and ligiments which causes the little bubbles to become a large bubble, then pop. Its the stretching of the hand (joint) that makes movement feel better. So the cracking isnt a problem, its the over stretching/strain on the ligiments :D

Knuckle cracking is due to the nitrogen bubbles that build up in the joints. Its not harmful if you dont crack them so dont worry. What damages the hands is the stretching of the tendons and ligiments which causes the little bubbles to become a large bubble, then pop. Its the stretching of the hand (joint) that makes movement feel better. So the cracking isnt a problem, its the over stretching/strain on the ligiments :D

This.
+1

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results