EMC 2011 - About to Start!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
As I write this, I'm about to jump in a car on the way to the airport here in New York City. In three hours, I'll be in the air and on the way to Lisbon, Portugal for the Essential Magic Conference 2011. Over the past few weeks, we've given away ELEVEN free passes and provided as much support as we could to what I believe to be an amazing, inspiring event.

If you're reading this and you haven't registered yet - I cannot recommend it enough! You'll be able to watch 33 talks from 32 amazing presenters. And me. Broadcasted live in HD over the internet superhighway. You'll be able to chime in and ask questions all the way through, and you'll even receive a DVD set with ALL of the talks after the conference ends. It's a CRAZY great deal at $90 registration. Did I mention David Copperfield will be speaking as well?

Throughout the week, I'll be posting updates from behind the scenes giving you an inside look at the conference, the presenters, and all of the action. Stay tuned to the media section for updates throughout the week. Will you be watching?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Very exciting! If there are any specific questions you'd like me to ask other presenters on your behalf, post them in this thread and I will do my best to get the presenter to chime in with their thoughts. The line-up is unparalleled - from Apollo Robbins to Lu Chen to David Berglas to Lennart Green.

Very exciting! If there are any specific questions you'd like me to ask other presenters on your behalf, post them in this thread and I will do my best to get the presenter to chime in with their thoughts. The line-up is unparalleled - from Apollo Robbins to Lu Chen to David Berglas to Lennart Green.

I actually do have a question! if you could ask Apollo this, you'd make my day! I know that Apollo recommends that you learn how to "Put Pocket" before you Pick Pocket. Does he have any specific resources (books/DVD) he would recommend to begin to learn? I already have the Chappy Brazil video on watch stealing

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

Just letting everyone know that the Essential Magic Conference 2011 starts Thursday at 11am EST. If you haven't registered yet, please do so now. There is an incredible lineup this year with 33 speakers that you do NOT want to miss. Registration is $90 for 3 days, and you get a complete set of DVDs containing every talk and performance, + bonus footage. Definitely a great deal and an excellent time to learn a lot from the industry's leading professionals.

I will be there watching live, will you?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just finished my talk this afternoon! One of my personal highlights from today - watching Lu Chen perform. He fooled me completely and absolutely - and even fooled David Berglas with his own effect (ACAAN). The card was absolutely random - I thought of it myself!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I happened to be one of the free pass winners last year from Theory11. I wasn't going to buy a pass, but I am so glad I did. The conference was incredible. There is nothing else like it. The lineup at EMC is insane and you wont ever have access to that much talent and experience anywhere else. Don't miss ths. The price for the conference is worth it for just one of the 9 sessions.

We will see you there.

L

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I actually do have a question! if you could ask Apollo this, you'd make my day! I know that Apollo recommends that you learn how to "Put Pocket" before you Pick Pocket. Does he have any specific resources (books/DVD) he would recommend to begin to learn? I already have the Chappy Brazil video on watch stealing

Hey Josh, I'm going to give it my best shot to have your question answered by Apollo in the next few minutes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results