Who performed last night and what went well?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm sure most of you loaded your pockets up last night either for a paid gig or hoping for an impromptu performance.
I'm no different and did the same. The effects that I performed last night at a private party...impromptu were:

Crazy Man's Handcuffs
Mismade Bill
Banachek's PK Pen
Ultra Telethought wallet 2
Sloppy Triumph
Stigmata
Free Will

It was a blast. I nailed all of them and my presentation with Free Will left the spectators speechless. I heard many WTF????

Such an adrenaline rush. Let's hear some of your stories from last night.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Well..I didn´t perform at all...but I organized some of my magic here in my room... well before the big dinner...you know something? you should take a look at flea market toys or in downtown places...I found some great stuff, like a pen with invisible ink and it has a uv light attached to it...it´s like the Scorpion Uv Kit...but this one cost 0.50 dollars... I bought 6

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Didn't perform for New Year's Eve per say, but did my CAAN (disguised as an ACAAN) and did the "eyelid stuck" hypnotism piece that worked just great =)

And great tip Luis! I just checked out and you can find those pens on ebays for you lazy ones behind your screens ;)

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I did a paid kid show magic on New Years Eve and thanks to your advice, the show was great and the kids all ran up and hug me and asked to take pictures in the end;)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I did quite a bit of magic, actually. My neighbors had a block party and I went to two houses and performed for about 20ish people for 15 or 20 minutes at each house. I did the same thing at each house - prism, blindsided, and invisible deck. At house number one, I earned myself and my two friends some free tequila shots and at house number two I scored $45 and any alcohol I wanted! It was a great night and I was on my game! I definitely felt that adrenaline rush you're talking about, and reactions were through the roof!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Glad to hear it R.K.! Well done.

Luis, I'll have to check out those pens.

Sleighted....I'm not familiar with the "eyelid stuck" hypnotism.

Pete, great job my man. Glad we could be of help to make your gig a success. Would love to hear a full run down of the entire show. What the kids liked, what you need improvement on, etc.

Last night I was on stage at the beautiful adult club Diamond Cabaret in Denver, Colorado helping bring in the new year with my fellow cast members of the FreakShow Deluxe.

The evening was absolutely magical! The energy was great, the establishment loved us, the audience loved us, and there were plenty of beautiful people to help make you feel like a rock star.

Only having two shows, and one set per show I opted to perform my Fire act, and my strait jacket escape. Both went over brilliantly! Then I got up on stage, counted down the ball to midnight and toasted in the new year for everyone with a nice glass of Champagne.

Oh yes... and then there were the twins. But I'm afraid that's only a story for if you ever meet me in person ^_~ Happy New Year everyone!

Jun 1, 2009
I perform at a restaurant on weekends on a regular basis, so I performed there on saturday night. I busted out some new material like French Kiss with the blank cards, Free Will, and Checkmate by Justin Miller which I routined with Doc Daley's last trick and then Panic, two effects I already do.

Afterwards I went to a party at a friends house and did some magic after being prompted by my girlfriend haha, since it wasn't like a "gig" type thing I didn't plan on performing, but brought some things just in case. I did French Kiss to a girl I knew would highly react, and another time for a guy who asked to see some magic (I just had him hold it in his hand instead haha). I also did some rubberband stuff, and 5 speed.

Rick what is your presentation for Free Will? I talk about how we all have choices in our lives, and sometimes we wonder "What if?" for some of those, but we'll never know because we can't go back in time. I tell them I don't want them going home thinking if I influenced them at all because they are going to make every decision here. I got some reaction but most of the time it's just "oh wow...cool haha." I'm trying to think of new ways to present it to get reactions like I reacted when I had this performed on me.

Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I was out a house party and ended up playing more music than magic...but I walked around with Invisible Deck and The Web. Great reactions and great times! Should have recorded the audience...damn!

That rush is what makes it all worth it. Will---twins make it all worth it!

I performed last night ....

I got a free bottle of Champagne from the manager of the club (TigerTiger) by doing Pressure... his phone and a borrowed balloon from his promo girl.
We were waiting for 15mins while they were making our mojitos because they ran out of mint leaves, and he came to apologise...... and I offered to show him a trick to pass the time, made it into a proposition bet for a free drink and he was so impressed we got a free bottle of moet for our table and the mixers in our drinks were free. WIN.

Did a few borrowed coin vanishes for some girls and one of my favourite effects... making it vanish from their closed fist.

Then after some Rose wine, a bottle of champagne and a few mojitos I was in no fit state to do anymore magic.

I don't condone drinking, but if you're going to ... and i can't stop you.... drink mojitos.

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Sleighted....I'm not familiar with the "eyelid stuck" hypnotism.

It's a pseudo-hypnostism/suggestion piece where the spectator close his eyes once and can't open them again until you "unstuck" them. Works great on people that shows signs of fatigue ;)

I originally found it in the Zap DVD (not explained though).

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results