Favourite Playing Cards?

Nov 9, 2012
England, UK
Hey,

I don't have many cards and would like to get some more but don't know which are the best, most popular and cool. So could you please leave a list of your favourites

James555

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Australia
Just to name a few.

1. Monarchs
2. Expert at the Card Table v2
3. Tally Ho
4. Smoke and Mirrors
5. White Ghost
6. Red Bee Stingers
7. Magic-Con
8. White Lions Series A Blue

Jan 13, 2013
England
Awesome decks

Here are just a few in no particular order

Black arcane (by Ellusionist)
Blind redux edition (by Big Blind Media)
Blue artifice v1 (by Ellusionist)
Players (by Daniel Madison)
Sentinels (by Theory 11)

Luke :)

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Some of my all time favorites, in no particular order:

Tally Ho's (any version)
Bicycles (any version)
Guardians
Smoke & Mirrors (any version)
The Blue Crown (any version)
Monarchs
Sultan Republic
JAQK's (any version)
Wynn's Tech Art (any version)

They all look and feel completely different, I like to switch it up every day. :)

Came across this recently, if you are looking for ideas: http://playingcards.wikidot.com/

Jun 16, 2012
Here are some, in no particular order:

Tally Ho or Bycicles.
Monarchs
Smoke & Mirrors
Bee Stingers
Sentinels (my personal favorite)

Hope I helped :)

,ilusiv3

Aug 25, 2012
Tally Ho, S&Ms I love the V3, ace fultons (if you want something very durable), and I absolutely love the Deck one from theory11

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
As a working magician..it would be suicide to use a custom deck...so I use bycicle...

But my favorite deck for flourishing and for me...is the shadow master...from Ellusionist..and from here...I loved Propaganda...bummer they don´t sell it anymore...

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Why would it be suicide? I've seen plenty of pros that use custom decks.

If I ever do card work, it would be with the Artifice deck.

Aug 17, 2012
To be honest, the main attraction when you first get into magic, is the craze is buying as many decks as you can, and getting all you can. The only deck of playing cards I believe you need, are bicycle standards, they handle well, and are cheap enough to have duplicates and extra cards.
So in essence, if you have standards, just use them.
Although whilst playing with cards that look the nicest, or handle the best. Theory11 monarchs are the best.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
To be honest, the main attraction when you first get into magic, is the craze is buying as many decks as you can, and getting all you can. The only deck of playing cards I believe you need, are bicycle standards, they handle well, and are cheap enough to have duplicates and extra cards.
So in essence, if you have standards, just use them.

Some people use the cards to enhance their character. Part of a costume, basically.

All decks commercially produced by magic companies are going to function basically the same way. Any perceived difference is a matter of personal preference. Magic isn't a popularity contest. It is about creating awe and wonder. Magic is about inspiring the imagination to accept that anything may be possible. Magic is not about who has what cool props or how many decks of cards sit on your shelf.

To that extent it doesn't matter what props you use it only matters what experiences you leave your audiences with.

Aug 17, 2012
All decks commercially produced by magic companies are going to function basically the same way. Any perceived difference is a matter of personal preference. Magic isn't a popularity contest. It is about creating awe and wonder. Magic is about inspiring the imagination to accept that anything may be possible. Magic is not about who has what cool props or how many decks of cards sit on your shelf.

To that extent it doesn't matter what props you use it only matters what experiences you leave your audiences with.

I couldn't agree more! Great answer.

Well, I don't want to be another D&D fanboy, but my favorite decks would have to be the Smoke and Mirrors v4-6 reprints.
They handle beautifully. The thing is, Aristocrat stock paired with Linoid finish(nearly 100% sure it's linoid) is the perfect combination for both magic and cardistry. They look simple, yet elegant. Maybe it's just the metallic inks of the v4 and v5 that have me addicted.

As far as unlimited decks, my go to's are usually Silver Monarchs, Titanium Tally Ho's, NOC, and Artifice V2.

Jun 13, 2013
Well, I don't want to be another D&D fanboy, but my favorite decks would have to be the Smoke and Mirrors v4-6 reprints.
They handle beautifully. The thing is, Aristocrat stock paired with Linoid finish(nearly 100% sure it's linoid) is the perfect combination for both magic and cardistry. They look simple, yet elegant. Maybe it's just the metallic inks of the v4 and v5 that have me addicted.

As far as unlimited decks, my go to's are usually Silver Monarchs, Titanium Tally Ho's, NOC, and Artifice V2.

Do you think smoke and mirror are linoid or linen finish. ? Thanks

Nov 26, 2013
As a working magician..it would be suicide to use a custom deck...so I use bycicle...

But my favorite deck for flourishing and for me...is the shadow master...from Ellusionist..and from here...I loved Propaganda...bummer they don´t sell it anymore...

Dan White used Theory 11's own Monarch deck on his special, "White Magic".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results