christmas magic

Apr 3, 2013
i have been asked to put on a magic routine for the end of school christmas celebration.
i need a little bit of help figuring out what my routine should be about so if you can please post some christmas magic tricks down below.

THANX:D

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What do you already do which could be altered to be holiday themed?

How long do you have?

What do you already know?

Apr 3, 2013
hey christopher,

i have about 3 weeks to put it all together.

i have alot of closeup effects and know some very good card handling.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Christopher and Steer are both correct. #1 you are cutting it way close to be performing something you haven't even put together yet
#2 Think of effects that you can do already comfortably and "adapt" them to Christmas

Example: Hippity Hop Rabbits, Take this idea and make a Hippity Hop Santa or Hippity Hop Candy Canes (easier to cut out of thin wood)
Any silk effects with a change bag or modify a brightly colored gift wrap bag: Use Red, Green and White silks
Sponge balls could be Rudolph's red nose (make up some patter)

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Christopher and Steer are both correct. #1 you are cutting it way close to be performing something you haven't even put together yet
#2 Think of effects that you can do already comfortably and "adapt" them to Christmas

Example: Hippity Hop Rabbits, Take this idea and make a Hippity Hop Santa or Hippity Hop Candy Canes (easier to cut out of thin wood)
Any silk effects with a change bag or modify a brightly colored gift wrap bag: Use Red, Green and White silks
Sponge balls could be Rudolph's red nose (make up some patter)

My mentor did a routine known as the Dancing Christmas Trees which was a holiday spin to the Hippity Hop Rabbits, the closer was Santa & Frosty. I don't know who has it now it went to auction years ago.

These are some cute ideas. . . I've done billiard balls as Tree Ornaments and played with Chinese Sticks done up as Candy Canes/Peppermint Sticks.

Depending on your budget, you could order in a Chinese Snow Storm kit, always good for this time of year and if you can drum up a couple of souls to help, you can build a Triangle Illusion (see the Mark Wilson book) that looks like 3 big Christmas Cards (get help from the art department of your school) and produce Santa as the finale' to your show.

Thing is, this routine requires quite a bit of rehearsal. It's not impossible to be ready with only a few hours of practice, but you're pushing it, in that you have to double check your angles, etc.

OH! A Square-Circle Production set from which you can produce a ton of garland and toys. . .

Here is an effect I created for a previous Christmas Saturday Night Contest (I won). I will also be performing this at my local IBM meeting this month. If you have any questions or want details, please PM me.

[video=youtube;333O3U3D5UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333O3U3D5UM[/video]

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Here is an effect I created for a previous Christmas Saturday Night Contest (I won). I will also be performing this at my local IBM meeting this month. If you have any questions or want details, please PM me.

[video=youtube;333O3U3D5UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333O3U3D5UM[/video]

Can it be a signed, borrowed snow globe?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I wish ...
What I usually do is plant it at a store near the other snow globes and "randomly" choose it when I begin the trick.

I was kidding but that's a great idea. I dig it. Think it has real mind blowing potential - particularly for being so simple. This is the kind of thing that I would do for a special event that was geared for one person (birthdays, quincinera, etc) and leave it with them. I have a thing where when I perform at a birthday or the like I tell the person I am going to create an impossible object for them, on the spot. Then there's a variety of things I do depending on the situation, but it always ends with giving them something that shouldn't be able to exist.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results