Saturday Night Contest - Anything but Magic

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey everyone!

This week, it's not about the magic but instead, we're interested in your other talents and inspiring each other with new and creative ideas. As magicians and/or cardists, we draw inspiration from everything around us. Inspiration can come from architecture or new genres of entertainment, to name a few, and that inspiration can give us the spark to create something great.

So tonight, we are going to inspire each other by showing off the talents we all have outside of magic. Do you play drums, skateboard, draw? Great! Anything you love to do outside of magic can inspire not only yourself, but others as well.

The challenge is to film a video of you showcasing a talent of yours that is NOT magic related at all. Film your talent, and post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday July 20th. The winner for this week's contest will receive 1,000 Elite Points, a Medallions Shirt, and a deck of charity: water playing cards.

Judging will be based on which one we feel is the most impressive and which one stands out the most. You can submit up to 2 different talents!

Have fun with this! We can't wait to see all of your wonderful talents!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Besides Magic...I like to work to be a strong person, in body and mind so I practice Crossfit. this kind of exercise requires practice, discipline and theory to achieve maximun fitness and not only become strong, but a complete athlete.

This one is a Power Clean with Jerk, with a weight of 185lbs.

http://instagram.com/p/qpv20eET7U/?modal=true

can somebody please check if the link works? and tell me if it doesnt?...thanks!!

Zak The Wizard

Elite Member
Jul 1, 2014
USA
can somebody please check if the link works? and tell me if it doesnt?...thanks!!

Worked for me, awesome entry by the way; that's insane Luis. All of these have been awesome entries so far, nice work guys. Can't wait to give this a shot, I'll be putting together my entry soon.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I'm an artist how do I make a video of that? I can do an artwork and collage some pics of it through each of it's stages? Please help, I really wanna enter this one.

You can have a video displaying your finished product, or do a time lapse of your artwork, whatever you like. We want a video to make sure no one steals other people's work and make sure it's your own. Can't wait to see what you've got for us! :)

willtupper

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2009
I majored in English in college, wrote for a number of magazines and newspapers over the years, and - for one, brief, shining summer - got to play with four of my biggest boyhood heroes:

6ghHNjQ.jpg

This is the first page of the very first "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" comic book script I ever had published.

As a kid, writing the TMNT was pretty much my number one dream. And it took me nearly twenty years to make it happen (and I wept when I got my first check from the publisher), but I did :D.

Edit: I just reread the rules, and this is clearly NOT a video (and a video of me writing would be mind-numbingly borning). Sorry, you guys!

Although maybe the case could be made that comic books are a TYPE of movie/video (that "plays" in one's imagination)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results