Fallen Review

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Fallen Review

I just purchased Fallen, and have watched the 20 minute download (45 minutes after it was released :p)

Let me simply say this: Daniel Garcia is a genius.

The Effect
You've seen the trailer, need I describe it?

First Thoughts
I'll admit it - I was disappointed. I thought - ah, not what I thought. Then, I performed it in the mirror for myself, and I completely changed my own mind. Killer.

The Download Itself
My first download from E, it downloaded pretty quickly. It's 20 minutes long, has 3 performances, and it covers everything you need to know. The move itself, getting everything nice and smooth, angles... it's great :)

Difficulty
It's very easy to do, just getting it smooth is the bit you'll need to practice. I'd recommend a new deck of cards to make things easier.

Angles
The angles are surprisingly good - much better than I thought. Everything's good apart from your extreme left (and behind). It's not people catching your move that you should worry about - it's people not seeing the effect. People from the extreme (used that word twice now! :O) side angles won't see it well.

Price
$14.95 (£7.35 or something). Pick this up - even if you don't use it. It's a great insight into Garcia's mind.

Extras
Surprisingly, there are a few outtakes on the Download, Danny mucking up his lines, etc. The best outtake is when he's filming outside his parents house, and he doesn't just mess up his lines, he gets....
Download it and you'll find out :p

Overall
Get it. Now.

9.5/10

~The Emogician~

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Fallen Review

I just purchased Fallen, and have watched the 20 minute download (45 minutes after it was released :p)

Let me simply say this: Daniel Garcia is a genius.

The Effect
You've seen the trailer, need I describe it?

First Thoughts
I'll admit it - I was disappointed. I thought - ah, not what I thought. Then, I performed it in the mirror for myself, and I completely changed my own mind. Killer.

The Download Itself
My first download from E, it downloaded pretty quickly. It's 20 minutes long, has 3 performances, and it covers everything you need to know. The move itself, getting everything nice and smooth, angles... it's great :)

Difficulty
It's very easy to do, just getting it smooth is the bit you'll need to practice. I'd recommend a new deck of cards to make things easier.

Angles
The angles are surprisingly good - much better than I thought. Everything's good apart from your extreme left (and behind). It's not people catching your move that you should worry about - it's people not seeing the effect. People from the extreme (used that word twice now! :O) side angles won't see it well.

Price
$14.95 (£7.35 or something). Pick this up - even if you don't use it. It's a great insight into Garcia's mind.

Extras
Surprisingly, there are a few outtakes on the Download, Danny mucking up his lines, etc. The best outtake is when he's filming outside his parents house, and he doesn't just mess up his lines, he gets....
Download it and you'll find out :p

Overall
Get it. Now.

9.5/10

~The Emogician~

Good job on the review, I was going to review it but you wrote my exact thoughts on yours so saved me some time. Great effect, very visual and simple. :D

Juan

Nov 8, 2007
I'm sure I'll get it as I've never been disappointed with a DG release, but I'm going to have to wait for the DVD. Unfortunately E STILL hasn't figured out a way to make their videos downloadable for Mac users (which I find incredible as Macs take up a very large percentage of the personal computers people are using today).

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I'm sure I'll get it as I've never been disappointed with a DG release, but I'm going to have to wait for the DVD. Unfortunately E STILL hasn't figured out a way to make their videos downloadable for Mac users (which I find incredible as Macs take up a very large percentage of the personal computers people are using today).

I agree with you on that. I have a Mac and I love how T11 made their downloads Mac compatible. Fallen does look very good, but I'm hesitant to pick this up. I've worked out my own method for it, and I'm not sure if it is the same. Either way, Daniel Garcia is a genius.

David

I just finished watching it about half an hour ago, and practiced the method for about that time. Decided to give it a whirl on my grandma, and well, I performed it flawlessly.

If you have devised your own method it is probably, or very close to the same method. I know my prediction was about 75% correct but, everything Danny teaches you is very helpful.

The tips, and finger positioning is crucial to perform this correctly. You will learn it rather quickly, and be able to perform it great the first time, I know I did.

If you have the extra cash lieing around pick it up.

-RA69

Finnaly, My download finished 20 mins ago, boy that was a long 6 hours. Ive just finished watching it and Im impressed, simple DOES hit hard. I was pretty close to the method, but when I was doing it, I said to my self, "No, that cant be it, its to easy". Anyway, every time I watch the performance I still cant believe how good it looks.

Ill be posting a review soon, stay tuned.

Cheers, Tom

Please do not get angry or start an arguement with me , but I think I know how the trick is done by watching the trailer itself. All i did was what Garcia did and it sort happened... But I plan to buy it because it is purely worth it..

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Please do not get angry or start an arguement with me , but I think I know how the trick is done by watching the trailer itself. All i did was what Garcia did and it sort happened... But I plan to buy it because it is purely worth it..

I wish there were more people out there such as yourself that realized the value in getting the information directly from the creator and giving the creator their just due for their creation. I am sure there are plenty of people out there who watched it and worked it out and rushed out to give a crappy performance because they didn't have the insight and subtleties directly from Danny on how to perform this properly from the magicians point of view.

--Jim

Dec 11, 2007
England
Just downloaded Fallen this afternoon. Great review Emogician, agree with most of it, the rest is individual preference. Like Twozwozer states "Easy hits hard". An excellent addition to the ending of any ACR. Fallen is just begging to be used. Nice one DG.;)

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
This trick shouldn't even be sold for a single trick... $14 for it is waaay over-priced.
This kind of trick is where you would put in a multi-effect book... what a way to make more money.

Sep 1, 2007
This trick shouldn't even be sold for a single trick... $14 for it is waaay over-priced.
This kind of trick is where you would put in a multi-effect book... what a way to make more money.

I love it when people who don't know anything about video production tell everybody else what the value of something is. Adorable.

Eddie I am assuming from your comment that you purchased this effect would you like to give a review. Or did you make your comment just to stir up trouble or to make yourself look better to the anti-E crowd?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I love it when people who don't know anything about video production tell everybody else what the value of something is. Adorable.
You're pretty "adorable" yourself. DID I ever comment on the VIDEO PRODUCTION? I was talking about the effect itself. This is a great rising effect, but it is too simple... I mean look at ARM and Elevator, they are in my opinion BETTER visual rising moves and they are not sold in a single trick but in a book/DVD with other effects.

Eddie I am assuming from your comment that you purchased this effect would you like to give a review. Or did you make your comment just to stir up trouble or to make yourself look better to the anti-E crowd?

It is MY OPINION. I don't have that much problem against E. I'm not going to lie to you, I did not buy the effect... but just "figured" it out. Not my problem I did, it just happened. I'm not going to use this AT ALL.

And btw, only a E fanboy would say that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results