Performance DVD

If it is not edited with the quick cuts and the other things that are the current norm for promo videos I would also be interested in such a DVD. I often watch the performance sections of some of my DVDs to "just be a spectator" for a while.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I agree that this would be an amazing idea as I also go to my magic dvd collection just to watch the performances.
Imagine having a dvd with nothing but street performances from the artists involved in T11.

That is exactly what I mean ... I usually watch a DVD every night..Even though I know how to perform the effects I still just enjoy watching...I also feel it is a great way to pick up other non-verbal subtleties..

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I agree. Every so often I'll put in my tricks dvd from the trilogy and turn into a happy little kid from watching the performances. db2 are just a pleasure to watch in action, and i would be thrilled if a performance dvd was released. better yet, as a promo, t11 should have a download for free featuring their artists, just to get more people to t11! if they include the effects they have in the store, it would probably make more people want to buy their products! well that's my two cents!
dm

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
I do like the idea of a performance dvd from some of they guys of T:11. Its always nice to see the big guys live in action.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I'd buy it, like someone said above ''I wanna be a spectator'' for awhile, I dont know If you have the HIT THE ROAD DVD by Lee Asher, this is a great DVD because you feel that you are in the trip with them :p I alsoy enjoy Bill Malone's DVD's I think that I'm in the studio and I laugh too much xD

Aug 30, 2007
Wayne Houchin and I have actually been discussing this idea for a long time, so it's most certainly not out of the realm of possibility (although I can tell you that the next Houchin DVD that is coming out is "Control"). If we get enough requests for it, we'll certainly look into fitting it into our production schedule.

Dana

Wayne Houchin and I have actually been discussing this idea for a long time, so it's most certainly not out of the realm of possibility (although I can tell you that the next Houchin DVD that is coming out is "Control"). If we get enough requests for it, we'll certainly look into fitting it into our production schedule.

Dana

sounds great, I too would enjoy such a DVD, would learn some things from it too, presentation wise.

Aug 31, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That sounds great. I too enjoy watching the performance sections of dvds. Just being able to enjoy the reactions from the spectators reminds me of way I love to perform. I also agree with what Aris.SA said, Hit the Road w/ Lee Asher is a great and entertaining dvd.

Clark

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know I would personally love to see something like that produced. It's always great seeing the amazing magicians that lead these sites in action. Again, it would definitely need to be lacking in special effects or editing. None of that flash of light skip 3 seconds stuff from E. I can't stand that. I know it's to protect the effect, but a DvD like this would have to be clean of such things. I hope to see this garner more attention and come to life on Theory11.

Peace

Sep 1, 2007
You know what I've kind of always wanted to do is some kind of thing where the forum members are involved, either like an Ellusionist thing where in Kard Klub they had people other than the pros perform and then discuss things they did or didn't do and stuff like that, I found that to be extremely informative, or have a random pick and have people send in video clips of them doing a trick (kinda like the media section so X that idea) Or have a contest where if you win you get to fly out and be in a performance DVD kind of thing with all the Theory 11 people.

I think when you take the members of the website, not the mods themselves and have the pros help them, then you learn a lot more, you see people learning, and you learn from them, not people teaching, I learn a lot better when I see others learning, if that makes any sense. someone translate.

~Beans

You know what I've kind of always wanted to do is some kind of thing where the forum members are involved, either like an Ellusionist thing where in Kard Klub they had people other than the pros perform and then discuss things they did or didn't do and stuff like that, I found that to be extremely informative, or have a random pick and have people send in video clips of them doing a trick (kinda like the media section so X that idea) Or have a contest where if you win you get to fly out and be in a performance DVD kind of thing with all the Theory 11 people.

I think when you take the members of the website, not the mods themselves and have the pros help them, then you learn a lot more, you see people learning, and you learn from them, not people teaching, I learn a lot better when I see others learning, if that makes any sense. someone translate.

~Beans

Beans I actually Pm'd W:H about something very similar earlier today ... My Idea has been to have forum users submit videos of performances and have them judged. Then to travel from state to state and meet them in different landmark locations (i.e. Boston outside of Fenway park , or NYC @ Times Square) I think this would be a great video and one way or the other I think I may try to organize something like this in the future...

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, hey if they don't do it I will, I'll edit a video of live performances and send it to T11 and see if they'll market it.

Only if they don't.

~Beans

Aug 31, 2007
Greenville, SC
Yeah I would love to see a performance only dvd. Um. I was wondering though. Is Wayne still working on True Astonishments with Paul Harris? I had heard that he was going to be on that project.

Yeah I would love to see a performance only dvd. Um. I was wondering though. Is Wayne still working on True Astonishments with Paul Harris? I had heard that he was going to be on that project.

This is a thread concerning the " True Astonishments " project .... Post over there ... I am really curious about it .. maybe if we give it enough attention W:H will post over there and put us out of our misery :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results