Jumper

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Sorry bud,

What is the reason behind bring out a folded in half deck of cards? This trick makes absolutely no sense, and would only confuse your spectator. I honestly don't get it. Keep working on this though... don't give up!! :)

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I don't get it.
Either that is one of the best tricks in the world, or one of the worst ever.

Also, the Classic Force (on yourself) was very obvious, anyone from miles away can spot the awkward deck separation.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
oh i kinda get it now. The "selected" card magically appears in between the 5 folded cards.
The first time i saw the trick i didn't count how many folded cards they were in the beginning....
Once again, magic is supposed to be direct, unless this trick is supposed to amaze only PhDs....

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Ok give the kid some slack.......First off re-record the video. Talk in it give it a presentation so that one does not have to watch the video multiple times. Work on it though do not give up at all eventually ok and may you could try and come up with a handling where it is signed. Personally I think that almost any transposition of a card plays very well to laymen, I've made people scream by "transporting" a card to my baseball cap and it wasn't signed. Well I am very disappointed on how some people just shot down the trick, yes the video could have been better and it was confusing at first imagine how much more DIRECT the trick would have been if he simply said "pick a card, lets lose it in the deck and now watch here is my magical "card fan thing" and if i wave it over the deck....LOOK!!! your card ends up in between." I would have preferred if people didn't like the trick they wouldn't have shot down the magician who is clearly new to magic. Magic forums would be so much better if people weren't so.......ummm....mean. Well as I said before work on it and if you get it right and come up with a reason to the spectator of WHY you bring out the "card fan thing" then it could be a decent trick.... :)

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
After watching the video again could you also use all blue cards instead of reds then two blues or just use less also this would be an interesting way to end a card sandwiching routine. Maybe (i dont know if this is possible with your method) yo could just use your two blue cards and make the card end up in between them. Also maybe you could make it part of the presentation where you just take two cards (or more what ever your method requires) from the deck you are using then fold them up while somehow concealing their card then using you method secretly conceal their card and do your setup and then you go from there......I dunno those are just some ideas.....:)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Ok give the kid some slack.......First off re-record the video. Talk in it give it a presentation so that one does not have to watch the video multiple times. Work on it though do not give up at all eventually ok and may you could try and come up with a handling where it is signed. Personally I think that almost any transposition of a card plays very well to laymen, I've made people scream by "transporting" a card to my baseball cap and it wasn't signed. Well I am very disappointed on how some people just shot down the trick, yes the video could have been better and it was confusing at first imagine how much more DIRECT the trick would have been if he simply said "pick a card, lets lose it in the deck and now watch here is my magical "card fan thing" and if i wave it over the deck....LOOK!!! your card ends up in between." I would have preferred if people didn't like the trick they wouldn't have shot down the magician who is clearly new to magic. Magic forums would be so much better if people weren't so.......ummm....mean. Well as I said before work on it and if you get it right and come up with a reason to the spectator of WHY you bring out the "card fan thing" then it could be a decent trick.... :)

It's not our fault that it wasn't explained in the slightest. How are we supposed to know what was going through the OP's head without him telling us?

Aside from all the bashing, I think it's interesting. It is odd that you would bring out folded cards, but if you could talk us through it next time it would be nice. I could figure it out but the classic force was weird, cause you looked really stiff almost nervous? I dunno. I like it, and besides, Jay Sankey pulls out hole punches during his routines so this looks very normal next to that! Haha. Keep it up.

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
???

yeah i didnt get it, and i think maybe you can work on your holding a break smoothness.. i dont know... and explain what it is your doing, what is gonna happen... or ... just give us some guidance

Mar 6, 2008
Walla Walla WA
I don't get it.
Either that is one of the best tricks in the world, or one of the worst ever.

Also, the Classic Force (on yourself) was very obvious, anyone from miles away can spot the awkward deck separation.

still working on my classic but it so up better on video. With patter it comes together but still working on that to.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
still working on my classic but it so up better on video. With patter it comes together but still working on that to.

So wait.

You've put up a video of a extremely confusing trick you've created, and you haven't even got any of it down? The mechanics, the patter? Nothing?

And how can you work on your classic.. on your self? The only way you can work on your classic, really, is by using it on people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results