Anybody as good as...

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Anybody as good as Dai Vernon, Charlie Miller, or Richard Turner, Ricky Jay in card control?

Brian Tudor is way better than those guys
If He were older he would have been the greatest
and everyone would respect him\
You would have been asking
"Anybody as good as Brian Tudor in card control?"

Sep 1, 2007

Saw that one coming a mile away.

I don't mean to sound like a d*ck, but saying that Brian Tudor is better than any of those men is a fanboyish statement, and to say it of Dai Vernon shows rather transparent ignorance.

Tudor got famous among flourish enthusiasts for inventing a couple of one-handed cuts.

Vernon however was a true innovator. He's credited with being the man who created the ambitious card routine as we know it. Every card magician worth his salt knows his name and his books cover to cover.

And if we look outside of card magic, Vernon also created the most popular routines for the Chinese linking rings and the cups and balls. And of course when you consider how many magicians he mentorred such as Doug Henning, it makes his contributions to the magic community incalculable.

Do your homework Brian. You'll save yourself a lot of grief and headaches if you do.

Sep 3, 2007
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold up there... What makes a person good is how old they are? When did that become the rule. Dai Veron made the most simple tricks, but everything was done so simply that nobody questioned it. Brian Tudor moves his fingers fast. Dai Vernon astounded audiences with some of the greatest presentaional skills of his time. Brian Tudor doesn't talk. Dai Vernon was not cool, he knew that didn't matter. He was amazing.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
"Tudor got famous among flourish enthusiasts for inventing a couple of one-handed cuts."

not A couple
all the one hand revolutions were exclusively created by him
And also for the speed
hes faster than anybody else

"He's credited with being the man who created the ambitious card routine as we know it."
Actually his ambitious is really slow
Brian Tudor does the ambitious so fast that you cant even count how many times he made the card rise to the top.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold up there... What makes a person good is how old they are?

What I meant to say is that if he were born before those guys you would be comparing them to Tudor.

Sep 1, 2007
hes faster than anybody else

Brian Tudor does the ambitious so fast that you cant even count how many times he made the card rise to the top.

Speed does not impress me. Yngwie Malmsteen plays guitar a lot faster than Tony Iommi, but Black Sabbath have been mathematically proven to rock 237 times harder than Yngwie. 290 if you count the albums they released with Ronnie James Dio. And this of course risks getting me started on how awesome doom metal is.

Fast can be fun, but there needs to be substance to back it up. Otherwise it's self-indulgent wank.

Just shows you weren't listening to my point. Dai Vernon created the routine. That is infinitely more important than the speed at which he does it.

"He's credited with being the man who created the ambitious card routine as we know it."

SLOW? You are saying that Vernon's contribution to the Ambitious Card Routine is lessened because it was a slow routine? First, the sleights in the routine were created by him, they were his. Secondly, some of the most beautiful magic in the world is done slowly. This whole flourishing uprise has made people believe that speed means good magic or flourishing. It doesn't. Why would I want an ACR that people "can't even count how many times the card rises to the top"??? Why have a routine that people cannot follow the magic?

What I meant to say is that if he were born before those guys you would be comparing them to Tudor.
We stand on the shoulders of giants.
What Tudor or anyone else has created or done is because of those men that were mentioned. If he had been born before them then he probably wouldn't even be doing card magic, much less card magic as we know it.

Again, BrianationX, get your facts straight and stop your hero worship. Having a hero is fine, but never let it blind you from the truth because then whats the point in truth at all?

C=B

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Brian, buddy. If you are saying that a magician should perform so fast that the audience doesn't know whats going on, then you aren't a magician. You are someone who just happens to **** himself off in front of others.

But he wasn't. Even if he was alive before the greats, if Tudor acted the way he did in Showoff 3, he wouldn't have been able to gain any respect to begin with.

I'm sorry if my posts seem rude, but some stuff you are saying is just, well, wrong.

-ThrallMind

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Though I agree that Tudor's controls are too fast, and sometimes appear as not so elegant control... but I do have to admit his skills are noteworthy. I personally think it would be better if he slowed down a bit, but ya know, that's just my opinion.

Apart from those, Lennart Green comes to mind, going back in topic. I think he is amazing.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Brian, buddy. If you are saying that a magician should perform so fast that the audience doesn't know whats going on, then you aren't a magician. You are someone who just happens to **** himself off in front of others.

Even if he was alive before the greats, if Tudor acted the way he did in Showoff 3, he wouldn't have been able to gain any respect to begin with.

-ThrallMind

Hey Pal
The audience loves speed.
Not only speed but the amount of tricks you can do in the short time you are with them.

Think,If you have to spend 2 minutes with someone would you show them 1 or 17 tricks.

I say the more the better
They know whats going to happen so you might as well get it over with
Why waste time

Sep 2, 2007

Can't we just all learn to ignore this guy? Every other thread that was created this week ended up being an argument between BrainationX and every other member, and frankly it's really stupid.
Now lets get back on topic.

P.S. In the immortal words of Patrick Star from Spongebob
"Hero worship- is unhealthy"

Sep 1, 2007
Hey Pal
The audience loves speed.
Not only speed but the amount of tricks you can do in the short time you are with them.

Think,If you have to spend 2 minutes with someone would you show them 1 or 17 tricks.

I say the more the better
They know whats going to happen so you might as well get it over with
Why waste time

Okay, I'm now convinced this is a joke account. Not even Brian Tudor at his drunken worst could be this profoundly ignorant.

A person who was really like this wouldn't even be able to access the internet as their government appointed handler wouldn't let them near the keyboard for fear it presented a choking hazard.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
btw, Rue Martinez invented the basic Revolution cut, not Tudor....

dimitri.

No
You are wrong
"All One Handed Revolutions Were Exclusively designed by me....."
Brian Tudor

And Yeah
Why Does it always turn into an argument
I said Tudor
Someone Lennart Green
why not argue with them instead

I mean "Green"
Hes Old!
I respect him but hes no where near as fast as Tudor.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results