Unnecessary Patter = Useless & Irrelevant?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Wow
Nice One
Those were just Some stupid Sandwiches I came up with
No big deal

Then post something of your "true" skill.

If those are "some stupid sandwiches," I'd like to see what you actually do. Some actual stuff, done for some real people. I'm sure if it's as good as you say, people here will shut up and stop arguing with you.

I'm just saying, it's an easy way to prove your point.

-ThrallMind

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I would really like to see his magic for real people.
and not just his friends.
to see what kind of reactions he gets with his patter-less magic.
or mouthgarbage whatever he likes to call it.

Wow
Nice One
Those were just Some stupid Sandwiches I came up with
No big deal

Brian...?

Seriously fella, what is your problem?

So you don't like any magic that isn't free of scripting, but stuff that is simple and to the point, "Here's a card, now it's gone, now it's back', kinda' thing. So what? I'm sure we're all happy for you, I know I am.

What I'm not so sure about is why you feel the need to act the way you do, say the things you say and ignore all other argument (mine aside as I freely admit to insulting you), no matter how sound it may be? Why can't you use this site to further yourself in your endeavors, instead of using it to bash something that you obviously don't understand?

From your 'stupid sandwiches' video, it's obvious you have some skill, so why not devote your time to the thing you love rather than devoting it to annoying everyone else?

And while you're at it, you may not feel the need to write proper posts with correct grammar, spelling and capitalization...but what you feel is irrelevant.

Since you are obviously oblivious to the rules, I've taken the liberty of copying one you may wish to swot up on in the future:

On SPELLING & GRAMMAR:
Being a forum, it’s highly important that you make each thread/post readable and grammatically correct. We pride ourselves on the fact that over 47% of our users are literate.
Some examples of what NOT to post:
// “COOL NeW Trik!!! __ Chex ITS OuT!!”
// “Doo u tink u can hlp me on dis dbl lft junk??! lemme kno…. k”

And just so you know that I've read them too, as mentioned above, I freely admit to breaking this one:

On RESPECTING OTHERS:
Treat others within the forum respectfully, courteously, and professionally. Criticism should be kept constructive at all times. Do it, to it.

But to be honest, I'm not sure how many more rubbish threads and utter nonsense from you I can stand.

Rabid

There's little point, Rabid. Any decent argument is ignored and the bickering ones are picked apart.

~When a man argues with the village idiot, from a distance no one can tell the difference.

I'll give up before I start looking like the idiot.

Pj

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Oh
Im pretty sure this has happened to some of you
SOmetimes when I try to perform my MouthGarbageLess routines the audience doesnt want to see it because they think im going to be boring like the old magicians they saw
ITs kind of like a stereotype
alL MAGICIANS say ridiculous stories when they do card tricks
I do a quick and flashy ace production
and I get into the magic
When Im done I feel that I did something good for the community

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Then either you aren't a magician, or you tell "ridiculous" stories.

Listen. You could actually have some skill. If you would stop trying to be so egocentric and making assumptions about "ALL MAGICIANS," people may begin to actually respect any skill you may have.

I've said it in so many posts and you seem to ignore it, so I'm left to believe you can't perform for real people, or even can't hold an audience. Possibly even hiding behind the ideals of Tudor to have an excuse for why you get bad reactions.

Your YouTube account is http://www.youtube.com/user/brianationx

Put something there that will prove us all wrong about you. It can only help your case.

-ThrallMind

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I do a quick and flashy ace production
and I get into the magic
When Im done I feel that I did something good for the community

-.-

Wasn't there a thread about people being "magicians" and looking down their noses at others????

You have got to get off your high horse, Brian. You're going to fall and break your neck. :D To say what was quoted above shows either you are very very young (and I mean in life experience, not age), or a forum troll......

.....I'm going for both..... :)

Oh, by the way, I've never been on your youtube account nor have I haven't seen your vids. Just not worth it........

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I preffer the term Prestidigitation

Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe, my friend: Prestidigitator

I have Skill

I'm still waiting on something other than "Some crappy sandwiches I made up."

Way to advertise my account
(i got more hits this past few days than ever)

You're welcome. Maybe you'll finally post a show of you performing for actual people sometime.

-ThrallMind

Aug 5, 2008
I just read some of the post and I cant believe that mostly no one agrees that Unnecessary patter equals Mouthgarbage. I though this site was about the future of magic not about outdated views that only old Geezers believe in. Its a fact that a routine with MOUTHGARBAGE is stupid and boring.It would be like going to the movies to see a war movie that has boring dialogue and no action scenes.It would be like going to UFC to hear an old guy talk and talk and punch some old guy in the end. i would rater watch the whole fight with punch after punch and kick after kick.

I just read some of the post and I cant believe that mostly no one agrees that Unnecessary patter equals Mouthgarbage. I though this site was about the future of magic not about outdated views that only old Geezers believe in. Its a fact that a routine with MOUTHGARBAGE is stupid and boring.It would be like going to the movies to see a war movie that has boring dialogue and no action scenes.It would be like going to UFC to hear an old guy talk and talk and punch some old guy in the end. i would rater watch the whole fight with punch after punch and kick after kick.

Well thanks for pointing that out, and there we were, hundreds of people all around the world thinking magic was something more than cardgasms.

Rabid

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT

.......uhm, sorry to get off topic but are you and BrianationX the same person?????

At any rate, with the movie reference you've taken, sometimes, no patter is even older: it would be like going to see a love story and there is no dialog. The people do what they did in the 20's and overact so they can convey the story.

....ever see a silent movie from that time?

There are some videos I've seen where there is just loud music, no patter and I sit there and say to myself "Why?" It's like watching 1920's silent movie.

Talk about going back to what the "old Geezers" are doing.....

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
It would be like going to UFC to hear an old guy talk and talk and punch some old guy in the end. i would rater watch the whole fight with punch after punch and kick after kick.

No, no it wouldn't.

Fighting is fighting. Magic is a performance art. What you just said is the equivalent of going to see a play, and saying you would rather watch them move along the stage without any dialogue.

Or, going to see a a dance, and telling them you would rather see them without any music playing in the background.

If you are in fact BrianationX under another guise, give up. No one here seems to want to hear what you have to say. Just because you have a soapbox does not mean you should use it.

If you are someone new, please learn from past mistakes, and read through this thread, and many others started by BrianationX.

-ThrallMind

Jul 15, 2008
I love you, you love me, we're a happy family!

Sep 1, 2007
I don't necessarily agree w/ brianation, but some of you are just so ridiculous. You only take small parts of his arguments you don't agree with, and then QQ about it and call him names. DISGUSTING.

Oh please. Try reading over what Brian says. He admits to stealing from spectators and taking pleasure in embarassing them. With behaviour like that, I can call him whatever I want.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results