Unnecessary Patter = Useless & Irrelevant?

Mar 29, 2008
Thrall and Steer~ are you loving this? Because you are giving him what he wants - attention. It's like a scab...you keep picking at it...and picking at it...it will get worse. However, if you ignore it - because we all know that the true "Garbage of the mouth" is the opinion of one person - nobody has really agreed with him - we all know that he is just stirring up stuff. Let him go - let him speak - don't give him the attention he craves.

When a child acts up and you pay attention to that behaviour - it increases. Negative attention is better than none - so if you really can't stand his ideas - walk away from them.

Because truthfully, if BrianationX feels that the things he says are the path to success...and it works for him...awesome. We know different. I think B has hung with some bad magicians - there are lots of them - but we all know that magic is stronger with an emotional hook - just like a movie. WE know the plot is the trick and the actor is the magician - good magicians don't step on the plot....HOWEVER, we also know that it is not always silent film - that magic for the sake of magic...can often just be moves and tricks. People will appreciate skill...but those guys will never inspire...never create white light astonishment.

Let's clean up this web site - if you hate the guy - don't respond to him....his ideas and thoughts are irrelevant to your goals. If anyone wants to follow his path - let them - they will find it out for themselves.

Good luck BrianationX - anyone that is with me....silent treatment starts.........NOW.

Sep 1, 2007
I hope you're not asking me to do a forum search for this...

Yes I am.

I'm very disappointed. The two of you really pushed brian over the edge. And for what? Your own amusement? The way I see it, YOU'RE the ones who take pleasure in embarassing people.

I'm a sadist and a ****. But at least I have no illusions about it. Anyway, I only mock people who walk into their own verbal bear traps.

I'm assuming that Brian got banned for a different thread. Would anyone mind letting me know which?

It was a thread in which he brazenly claimed that misdirection was only for people who had no skill.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think people would have realized that he was a spammer trying to cause arguments and spam forums. Yeah he went to decknique and tried to do the same thing. I asked him a single question. "What college do you go to". He never returned again. As frequent as he used to that is. :D Another member tried to scare him away by challenging him. Brian ran away. SO let's not fight with each other because of a spammer being banned. The threads he made weren't even his opinion. He basically wrote what tudor says in his dvds. Let's end this topic and be friends again.( Or mortal enemies:confused:)

Sep 1, 2007
You'd think people would have realized that he was a spammer trying to cause arguments and spam forums.

Probably. But I choose to think that he's a fanboy and a pathological liar because it's funnier to me. Either result is tragically hilarious.

Aug 5, 2008
I assume you were referencing this:

I fail to see where I was wrong? Oh, there it is. If he would actually type in a manner that was normal to human cognition there would be no confusion as to what he said.

I read it as:

Thought one:

Thought two:

Very easy to get confused seeing as how hes actually stated "facts" about "all magicians" in many other posts of his.

-ThrallMind

either way it says the same thing."Its a stereotype that magicians have....".Or isnt? I cant believe you guys just trashed some dude who actually thinks,instead of making stupid sarcastic remarks.He was completely right,Some A-Hole just took one sentence from my post and turned it into an attack,you guys are pathetic.And why analyze posts in detail?Maybe you guys dont have a girlfriend or a life. And WHy not answers this

If the audience is changing shouldn't magic change as well?

Instead you decided to pick something and turn it into a big deal.I bet you are all OldSchool magicians that love to use Mouthgarbage.

SomeA_HOLE

"Instead you decided to pick something and turn it into a big deal."

No I don't,your ignorance amuses me though

"I bet you are all OldSchool magicians that love to use Mouthgarbage."

Have you heard of Blah blah vlah, please tell me you didnt say his act........

NOTES

1.My name is not Brianation so stop it
2.English is not my first language
3.MouthGarbage is an awesome word and i'm going to use it extensively

Sep 1, 2007
And why analyze posts in detail?Maybe you guys dont have a girlfriend or a life.

I minored in English in college and my mother used to be a magazine editor. I'm just very analytical.

And WHy not answers this

If the audience is changing shouldn't magic change as well?

I'll humor you.

It is important for the magician to understand the zeitgeist, or at the very least understand his target audience. I seriously doubt that BrianationX performs for anyone other than his friends, so I'm not convinced he understands either. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been so violently close-minded.

I bet you are all OldSchool magicians that love to use Mouthgarbage.

Better that than a punk kid who will never make it as a pro.

Have fun being hated and shunned by anyone with an IQ over 50.

Jul 15, 2008
1.My name is not Brianation so stop it
2.English is not my first language

1. I think these guys are right, you're sounding more and more like BrianationX. Instead of putting linebreaks everywhere, you just decided not to add a space after your punctuation...

2. Yes, well English is actually my third language. The first class in which I learned English was when I was in my 4th grade, as a secondary language course in which the professor would hold up these cards and ask: What animal is this? a dog! (If you're wondering, I speak fluent French and Korean)

3. I like the word HumanGarbage. Should I start using it too?

No more sympathy. I've seen some of the garbage you've been writing in numerous other threads. And now, allow me to quote what TDA had to say about one of your threads, BrianationX:

There are certain types of threads that are created for what seems to be the sole purpose of starting fights, and to get people's blood boiling. It is my opinion that this is such a thread, and, based off of what I have seen in other threads of this nature, it is more than likely that conversation will degrade into fighting and name-calling.

Now I know. This is why they banned you.

Sep 1, 2007
2. Yes, well English is actually my third language. The first class in which I learned English was when I was in my 4th grade, as a secondary language course in which the professor would hold up these cards and ask: What animal is this? a dog! (If you're wondering, I speak fluent French and Korean)

Interestingly, I find people like you actually speak better English than many Americans I know.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I would love to see someone attempt to perform Sam the Bellhop without so-called "Mouth Garbage". :rolleyes: There are certain effects (pretty much all of them) that need good, sound patter. Others can be done silent, but I think patter and presentation enhances an effect ten-fold.

Sep 1, 2007
So like...what about Teller? He does some of the best magic that I've ever seen without saying a word.

That's because Teller is incredibly expressive and is a very likeable guy that people can relate to. Not everyone can do what he does.

Sep 1, 2007
Speak For yourself Ive seen many magicians that can Such as me,And or Gin

I'm speaking from personal experience not just as a magician, but also as an actor and a movie director.

If you want me to believe for even a nanosecond that you are on a level comparable to Teller, I want video proof of you performing to a paying audience. Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet means that no one's word is ever good enough.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm speaking from personal experience not just as a magician, but also as an actor and a movie director.

If you want me to believe for even a nanosecond that you are on a level comparable to Teller, I want video proof of you performing to a paying audience. Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet means that no one's word is ever good enough.

So we can add Teller to Jeff Mcbride, Bill Malone and all the other legendary magicians he's either deluded himself into thinking he's better than, or just saying that he's better than them to p*ss us off.

Sep 1, 2007
So we can add Teller to Jeff Mcbride, Bill Malone and all the other legendary magicians he's either deluded himself into thinking he's better than, or just saying that he's better than them to p*ss us off.

I've asked about this, but apparently there's good reason to believe Namie is in fact not BrianationX.

For the time being, I'm going to assume that's true. That does not however change the fact that the rhetoric remains equally ignorant, and the arrogance equally jaw-dropping.

Regardless, I will keep pushing anyone such as Namie who makes such brazen claims of their talent and abilities to back up their boasting with either video proof of their accolades, or to meet me in person either here in Pittsburgh, in their hometown, or at a convention and show me in real time exactly what they're capable of.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Speak For yourself Ive seen many magicians that can Such as me,And or Gin

As Steer said, a small video of you performing would be nice to back up your words.

Heck, even BrianationX had a few videos on YouTube.

The best thing to do...is to stop responding to him/her and let the thread die.

Don't respond to it anymore. Don't look at it anymore. Forget it exists.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
I've asked about this, but apparently there's good reason to believe Namie is in fact not BrianationX.
Why's that? He's got to be either a very close friend or the same people: if you remember BNX posted a thread about how much he liked Japanese magic, like Namie. How much he hated Bill Malone, like Namie. And also how much he liked the word MouthGarbage, like Namie. Plus he also used to call himself the presdigitator, and what do you know, another guy called the prestigitator pops up.

It's gone beyond the amusing point and is now just really annoying.

Sep 1, 2007
Different IP. Ask Doug about it and he'll elaborate on it.

Bear in mind that I'm assuming they're not the same people... but I haven't ruled out the possibility that they know each other.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results