Triple Trilogy challenge

Here are the rules: Create a routine using three tricks from the Buck brothers' Trilogy. The three tricks should make sense together (as opposed to just doing three tricks in a row), tied together by additions and patter. The judges will rate on fluency of the tricks themselves, how fluently they fit together, and how good the patter is.

For an FYI, I'm a beginner; I've only been working with cards for six months or so. If you're interested in battling, just say so here and I'll set it up.

Aug 31, 2007
That sounds interesting. Before I consider accepting I have 3 questions.
1. when is the deadline?
2. Can we use text instead of patter?
3. Can we use 'extensions' of tricks from the trilogy? Example: there is an effect in D&D's book, Sleightly Magical, called Game with a Ghost, which is technically an extension on Swiss Made. So can I use Game with a Ghost in place of/as an extension on Swiss Made?

That sounds interesting. Before I consider accepting I have 3 questions.
1. when is the deadline?
2. Can we use text instead of patter?
3. Can we use 'extensions' of tricks from the trilogy? Example: there is an effect in D&D's book, Sleightly Magical, called Game with a Ghost, which is technically an extension on Swiss Made. So can I use Game with a Ghost in place of/as an extension on Swiss Made?

1. Does 10 days sound good?
2. No. In fact, I think the routine should be performed for a spectator.
3. I would say yes, but since I don't have those extensions that would give you a one-up on me.

Two other rules: Judges shall rate from the laymen's perspective, and the tricks don't have to be done exactly as explained in the Trilogy (though close).

You are challenged. Anyone else interested? Here are the final rules:

"Use three tricks from Dan and Dave Bucks' Trilogy in a smooth routine. All material you use must be available on those three DVD's, though you can change things slightly to suit the routine. Patter must be done as audible speech. (And try to make it interesting!) Minimal editing allowed if necessary (for example, to include the name of a card if it isn't visible while you are showing it due to glare or missing where the camera can see).

"Judges will score primarily on patter and presentation (including how well the tricks make sense together with the patter), though the technical cleanness of the trick should count as well."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results