Can someone tell me what these cards are?

I'm talking about the ones on the link to the beginner section of T11, this link can be found on the home page, in the bottom right hand corner.
It shows 5 cards on the picture, and I was just wondering if anyone knew what they were.

Sep 1, 2007
The faces look unusual. Like the clubs are skinnier and cool looking like it's some kind of old deck. I'd like to know if it's just a graphic or if it's a real deck.

Jan 13, 2008
I remember it being posted before...I don't really want to search through a bunch of posts for the answer, but it is out there if you're really interested. Someone had a link to a picture of the cards with a small description of some sort, I believe (I could be wrong, it was a while ago that they posted it--maybe during the summer of '08).

I wanna know what's up with these too. I could be completely off base, but they kinda look like the life and death deck. I'll have to see if I have some pics of them, just to check the patterns ya know.

EDIT: Yup, I was right. I'm waaaaaaaaaay off base lol. Not even a little close. sry

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yo Josh - they've been posted here before in a thread, quite a number of months ago. Unfortunately I have to leave very soon. You can have a look for them yourself - BUT, if you haven't found them by the time I get back (late tonight), I'll gladly spend some time browsing the forums to find it for you.

Nov 23, 2008
They look a little like the Gypsy Deck. If I can find a picture then you can compare the two but it's been a while since I've seen them.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i am master of the mundane. Lets just say i got flamed once when i first got on here about using the search function. never again. and besides that i remembered seeing it along time ago and what it was titled

Mar 21, 2008
Hi everybody. As you perhaps could see there are only 6 cards available of this set. I have a CD here with scans of a great variety of old playing cards but there is never a whole set of all court cards for instance. So you can`t do anything with that.

Actually my Heirloom Deck - french faces is really similar, the cards are scans from an old deck of 1810 from Germany, showing french faces. Sure I added several feautures and made them look old. But that is a different story.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results