New Torn & Restored - Feedback

Ha! Dude, I loved it. Not only was that a cool effect to watch. You were hilarious!

Anyway, I don't know much about the torn and restored newspaper... sssooooo, I'm assuming that no one has really drawn a card on it before. That's a good idea. You could definitely work that.

Great job dude; I really enjoyed it.

Jan 13, 2008
I thought it was entertaining. However, the first few tears looked a little fishy (maybe cause you slightly flashed what you were doing), but the rest looked great. Also, it was mighty difficult to see the drawn card...I'm not sure if it was just a bad colour choice, or what, but perhaps trying to make the card easier to see in some way would be beneficial (even if it's really only in sight at the beginning and end of the trick, heh).

Overall, I enjoyed it, though. :)

Marker choice

Yeah I need a better marker for the card drawing the video tells me it would not show up on stage sooo I need to find something that'll work better. Thanks for the feed back.

It got massively boring to watch. But good trick. Fooled me.

This was a great critique, sarcasm. It would have been a good critique if you told me why it was boring and how you would fix it. That would really help.

PS

I am not single out you their are many people who do the same thing when giving critiques. SO everyone who reads this post start thing about making your critiques actually helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
This was a great critique, sarcasm. It would have been a good critique if you told me why it was boring and how you would fix it. That would really help.

PS

I am not single out you their are many people who do the same thing when giving critiques. SO everyone who reads this post start thing about making your critiques actually helpful.

I did notice one thing - I'll send you a PM about it.

PS

Ok sure

It got boring becouse you took ages drawing the card.
You always just rambled on about stuff.
You talked to much about random cr*p
You evan started to party !?

But the actual effect was good. Nice take on the Torn And Restored Card. What I thought you were going to do was produce to card at the end. Instead of the news paper. Maybe restore the newspaper but have it blank and have the card within the paper.

JDEN

Jan 13, 2008
What I thought you were going to do was produce to card at the end. Instead of the news paper.
I like that...like a jumbo card, or something. That would be awesome, and unexpected (which makes it even more awesome)...well, not unexpected to you, but you get my drift. ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
So as soon as he starts presenting instead of doing only magic, you start to complain? Sounds about right for this place.

You need to clarify that this isn't an original effect, but merely a new presentation for an existing effect. Considering you did everything exactly the same as the original routine, I have trouble believing that this is something you also came up with.

Overall, I liked your video and the fact that you weren't afraid to act human instead of expecting people to only care about what your hands are saying. Keep up the work, I like what you've done with the effect.

Peace

Robot human beings? Awww, I want one...

I thought the effect was cool. I don't know, I kinda have the same idea with the card as jden. With the size of the drawn card, the paper doesn't become restored, but the card that was drawn comes to life. It would kinda be metaphoric I think. Ya know, you're tearing a drawn card, but restoring a real one. Did that make any sense? Still a pretty cool TnR.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results