Coincedence? Maybe...

Feb 8, 2008
The Clipshift.

The Pop Out Move.

Any connection?

I was just wondering this 'cuz I was one of those not-so-smart guys that took forever to figure out how the clipshift was done. I was practicing on the pop out move beforehand and I would always get annoyed because I was pulling on the bottom card too hard. Then, one day, I looked at the Clipshift again and I was like... no way. I tried it, and it worked, meagerly.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, did Chad Nelson get the inspiration for the Clipshift from Aaron Fisher's Pop Out Move? Cuz, if I were Chad, that's probably how I would have invented the effect.

Mar 3, 2008
No, they are very different, I can see how you can see the similarity though....the clipshift is not an effect..

Jul 14, 2008
Well, the pop out move by Aaron Fisher and the clip shift by Chad Nelson are completely different perspective. However, there are some similarities which I would not expose in this forum.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think the root of both moves is the Kelly Bottom Placement, or the Ovette Master Move, which are essentially the same thing as far as I know. Other people have come up with similar concepts based on these moves too.

Feb 8, 2008
Are you on pot? The Clipshift IS an effect.

-SM

Haha, nice. Well, I think he meant the pop out move. I assume he meant that it's not really an effect, just a flourishy reveal.

The Ovette move is simply the older version of the Kelly Bottom Placement. The creator of the latter probably had no idea about the Ovette.

It's just that, when I was trying to learn the pop out move, it got me in the perfect position to continue on with the clipshift.

Dec 9, 2008
No-one can be definite about whether the creation of the Clipshift was an accident from Aaron Fisher's move, even though, it could be very likely. However we can't know unless he confirms it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results