A night to remember.

Reminder: Please don't put bad comments if you think my performance is not good or against your standards. I know it's not good nor it's correct, but this is probably the last time I will be doing this kind of stuff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got invited in my friend's debut (18th Birthday) to be one of the 18 roses. Quick flash back, I was already performing to them during practices in the past weeks, so they know I can do magic.
{This includes a lot from ultragaff}

Continuing, out of no where, I just asked the "girlfriend" of my friend, if she believes I can stop my pulse. 1st is that she mistook what I said for something dirty. Well you can imagine it for yourself. after that she said, seriously? then I went with the performance.

She started counting. 1...2...3...4...5..........6.................7......................8............
OMG..."removing her hands on my wrist". After a few seconds, I got back and she told me if I was okay. I just said, I am okay and got a glass of soda.

Oh yeah, I also did search and destroy to one my friends...well just an additional info. lol

And the suicide begins...(If it didn't start from you yet with the previous trick)

I told her that I am a story of 4 girls who wanted to have a party.
(This is a variation I came up with using the queens in ultragaff and witness by Lee Asher)

I put the zip lock sandwiched between her hands with the queen of spades inside. I took the three other queens and made it transfer to the queen of spades. She went like...."omg...I was holding the ziplock bag and this is impossible" She started showing it to the other girls [around 12] and they went like "COOL" and they starting rubbing the card, showing it off to other people and some one said, "can I have it?" So I said, "sure. Deep inside, I found myself crying over the lost of my queens, but I said, these girl's reactions are more worth it.

They started to gather around me. I showed them my last trick which is inked (From ultra gaff). And again. they shouted and they requested for my cards. I just couldn't resist giving it. LOL. In the end, I lost a lot of gaff cards, but it's a night to remember.

Digressing from the topic a little, this girl suddenly came, and my god, she called my cards chick magnet. She was joking at first when she told me I was one, but of course, I rejected it. and i feel sad because she's the girl I had

Lesson: I know that performing with gaff cards a lot are suicidal. I don't need to tell you why, but after seeing how the girls react, I said to myself, well this is the last time I will be performing for them since I will be leaving the country, why not make this night fun and experiment some stuff.

Over all count of lost gaff cards including from practices = 8

Oh yeah to all Philippine Magicians: I got my split spades signed by Chito Miranda of Parokya ni Edgar.

D

Deleted member 2755

This is why I don't like gaffed cards like from the Ultragaff or normal E Gaff deck. If you said no... Then all credibility would had been lost and you would had turned into "the cool guy who does some cool tricks". If you said yes (which you did), you have to pay $30 to replace the piece of cardboard. This is why I think gaffs should be sold individually at a small price.

-Doug

This is why I don't like gaffed cards like from the Ultragaff or normal E Gaff deck. If you said no... Then all credibility would had been lost and you would had turned into "the cool guy who does some cool tricks". If you said yes (which you did), you have to pay $30 to replace the piece of cardboard. This is why I think gaffs should be sold individually at a small price.

-Doug

Yeah, selling gaffs individually is a good idea. So people can perform it all over again. It will also be better if they use different suits from time to time.

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
You know, you already gave away gaffs when you performed during the debut practices. You shouldn't have performed with gaffs again knowing that they'll ask for the cards. Oh well...I guess girls can affect your decision making.:p

You know, you already gave away gaffs when you performed during the debut practices. You shouldn't have performed with gaffs again knowing that they'll ask for the cards. Oh well...I guess girls can affect your decision making.:p

Some of the girls are just guest and not really participants of the 18 roses. Oh yeah, and girls can REALLY make a huge difference in your performance.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I would rather just buy a couple of decks and give those away after an ACR or some other crazy stuff. Save you a lot of money.

But sounds like a fun night anyway

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results