Life

May 3, 2008
Nothing had anything to do with the other. I think each phase should somehow come together at the end. And seriously, do not get religious. Made me want to punch you in the face. If there's anything I hate, it's people preaching and trying to convert me.

Feb 8, 2008
As for the unconnectivity, it's the best I could come up with. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

As for the religious thing, I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just showing a type of metaphor for the work of God in a person's life, even though you probably don't believe in that. Listen, I don't wanna get flamed or anything, and I understand that you can have your own beliefs. Just felt I should put this on T11.

This is a short routine I put together. Hope you guys enjoy it.

I know I flashed once or twice, but that's not really the point of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMwi_vVRhaQ
other than the parts where you flashed..i liked it...the thing with the ace's was sweet, i do it as a lone effect for people at the university and on the streets....

just a guess the Jack must make you a Junkie...i think i get it...J....Junkie???

Sweet Shapeshifter though....

Those drugs..lol..you can't kick that habit can you???

And don't trip bout dude saying he want to punch you in the face, cuz i remember talkin to lee asher and him telling me about that anyone can do an effect, but they must have motivation and a reason for doing so...so that good ole patter, or story you used was pretty sweet and a nice representation of a person who can't seem to get a break life....

I Loved it....

i was gonna say about you sounding down and out when you first start, but after seeing it all the way through, who wouldn't sound like that...

i can see that being done at a lecture...

nice work...

Feb 8, 2008
Haha, thanks, I really appreciate that man. Lol, about the Jack thing, I didn't think about that but that sounds about right haha. It wasn't a shapeshifter though, just a simple shake change.

Oh, and I should add as a disclaimer, I don't do drugs. :D This isn't my story, just a typical one.

Haha, thanks, I really appreciate that man. Lol, about the Jack thing, I didn't think about that but that sounds about right haha. It wasn't a shapeshifter though, just a simple shake change.

Oh, and I should add as a disclaimer, I don't do drugs. :D This isn't my story, just a typical one.
ok..yeah i see ur right....shake change...my bad....ohh i know it wasn't your life...i was making a joke about the person not being able to kick the habit....

seriously though...if you if you can get the whole thign down without pausing or a studder, do that as a lecture, very creative and can done even at churches or schools....i like it...i'm a fan...

May 3, 2008
Don't take what i said personally. I don't wanna punch you in the face. :p I just hate it when people start talking about religion and Jesus and such. As to how you could make everything tie together, I'm not exactly sure. I do think that there is no real progression in the magical aspect and that all you're doing is performing a bunch of sleights mixed together in a really long routine. The whole thing seems anticlimactic. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but it does in my head. :)

Don't take what i said personally. I don't wanna punch you in the face. :p I just hate it when people start talking about religion and Jesus and such. As to how you could make everything tie together, I'm not exactly sure. I do think that there is no real progression in the magical aspect and that all you're doing is performing a bunch of sleights mixed together in a really long routine. The whole thing seems anticlimactic. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but it does in my head. :)
maybe it was the stops, the pauses, and studders, you gotta give him the whole God, making the problems go away....now what would have been a real climax, even something that would have suited even yourself....

how bout under the K(God) you could have ended up with 4 Aces(money), no J(drugs) and Queen (woman)....that would have been even better....

May 3, 2008
maybe it was the stops, the pauses, and studders, you gotta give him the whole God, making the problems go away....now what would have been a real climax, even something that would have suited even yourself....

how bout under the K(God) you could have ended up with 4 Aces(money), no J(drugs) and Queen (woman)....that would have been even better....
If I were him, I'd take out the part about God because that is very off putting not only to me, but everyone who doesn't care about Jesus and wants to be entertained with magic. I found the whole thing to be anticlimactic because so many things happened at once. "You lost your girl. Let's find some money. Your money's gone. Let's get some drugs." If it were told as an actual story about a person and less ambiguous, then I personally would find it more entertaining. "Willie Boi lost his girlfriend because he didn't have a job and couldn't support her. So he got a job working at McDonald's, but lost his job and got robbed but his friend Bobby was a drug dealer, etc." You get the idea.

If I were him, I'd take out the part about God because that is very off putting not only to me, but everyone who doesn't care about Jesus and wants to be entertained with magic. I found the whole thing to be anticlimactic because so many things happened at once. "You lost your girl. Let's find some money. Your money's gone. Let's get some drugs." If it were told as an actual story about a person and less ambiguous, then I personally would find it more entertaining. "Willie Boi lost his girlfriend because he didn't have a job and couldn't support her. So he got a job working at McDonald's, but lost his job and got robbed but his friend Bobby was a drug dealer, etc." You get the idea.
not knocking your idea....but if you are telling a true story or something thats has to do with life...i'm not saying to be religious, but he his telling the truth...i don't think it was meant to be magic....maybe a lecture of flourishes and moves...but not all the way magic...

but thats just me...

May 3, 2008
not knocking your idea....but if you are telling a true story or something thats has to do with life...i'm not saying to be religious, but he his telling the truth...i don't think it was meant to be magic....maybe a lecture of flourishes and moves...but not all the way magic...

but thats just me...

I'm not sure if I understand you. Care to elaborate? I do agree with the way he spoke though. Stuttered a lot in his monotone voice.

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks for the advice guys. As for taking God out of the trick, well it ain't happening. I owe my life to him. Simple as that. I know you're saying that people might be bothered by the subject, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Ohh man you describe the real life in a magical way, keep it up VERY good work man! Just work on your technique and you will have the coolest routine on theory11 ;)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I also really really enjoyed it. But I, too, think that you need some sort of finale, a big conclusion, like finding the aces and the queen in the box (which somebody else mentioned, but does sound like the right sort of thing). I just feel it would give the trick an end, like you're saying "and now we're done."

But apart from that, good job.

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the advice guys. As for taking God out of the trick, well it ain't happening. I owe my life to him. Simple as that. I know you're saying that people might be bothered by the subject, but sometimes the truth hurts.

This video really irritated me, I really don't like the whole lecture about life, I don't think you're in any position to try to force your narrow minded views on me, you certainly don't have enough life experience to preach about all the situations you talk about . You don't need to force religion into magic, I certainly don't want to hear it. I can accept the world as it is without having to pretend there's a god, the truth hurts, you should accept it.

This forums for magic, I saw very little of it in your video, just a few random unrelated events not performed especially well.

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
i must admit that i did not finish watching the clip.... because it makes me bored... a routine should be simple... easy to understand.... no grandma's story... and the effect should kills on the spot....and sorry... this type of routine doesnt really suits me.... i wont spend 7-8 mins on this...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results