New 1-on-1 :: UNTITLED by Luke Dancy :: Now Available

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As is tradition, our 1-on-1 training section was updated tonight with a brand new release from the mind and repertoire of Luke Dancy - UNTITLED.

A trick involving a single playing card that almost magically teleports inside of your pants. Almost. But have no fear, there is a twist ending that leaves spectators speechless. 13 minutes of detailed instruction in signature theory11 quality.

:: Preview Video + Full Details :: http://www.theory11.com/1on1/

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I completely forgot about tonights 1-on-1.

About to go check it out now.

Now that does look like a fun effect, I could possibly pick this up.

V.

Jan 13, 2008
Very nice! I may end up picking this up, although I've already got a lot of material to work on. So, more than likely I'll pick it up at a later time. Still, I really like it. So simple, yet so effective! :)

D

Deleted member 2755

Gotta love creativity. Even though most people with sleight of hand experience will know how this is done just by watching the preview, it just shows what you can do with very simple sleights. Beginners will love this even more.

-Doug

Jan 28, 2009
No disrespect to anyone, but is it just me that's noticed that the quality of one on ones has just kinda gone downhill recently?

Sure there have been some gems, but compare some of the stuff coming out of Theory 11 now, to like 5 speed, or blind or the strike change etc etc etc. It's just not on the same level imo, or even JE's amazing series of advanced techniques on fundamental slights. What's happened?

Sure this is a nice trick and everything, but is it 'advancing the art of magic'? no.

This is the kind of thing that goes as one effect on a DVD, not something on a one on one. In fact I'm sure it will in the near future also appear on a DVD.

As I said, I'm not knocking this effect. It seems good, simple and effective and I'm sure it'll get some great reactions, but really.....it's not exactly a groundbreaking utility move, or a series of fundamental sleights. It's just an effect.....and not that powerful an effect either.

Come on Theory 11 what happened to your game face?

What happened to the idea of Theory 11 coming from one on one, giving people the material they needed to advance their magic. This is just quite simply something you'd put in your repertoire. Not something that changes the game.

I hope someone can actually get the distinction. I'm a big fan of LD's work and the stuff I've seen coming out of him. This is a nice trick....but its just one of a string of effects that don't quite hit the mark of being ground breaking, and I thought that's what this site claimed to be?

I've actually seen a version of this a long time ago at a live show involving oversized cards, but it was the same trick at a stage show. Meh.

Is this effect groundbreaking? No. Is Blind, 5 Speed, The Strike Change, or the re-teaching of hundred year old moves groundbreaking? Not in the slightest.

This effect, though simple from our perspective, is also extremely clever and out-of-the-box. Lessons in simplicity, creativity and uniqueness can all be found within this one small effect, and those lessons could break new ground for you in your magic.

It all depends as to how much thought you put into these pieces, not the pieces themselves. These videos are tools that you can use to learn valuable information, whether you choose to or not is up to you.

C

Jul 8, 2008
VERY clever :) I gotta admit, I didn't see this coming lol. It kind of reminds me of Chicago Surprise for some strange reason. It looks really cool though. I like it.

EDIT: There was a comment made above about this "not advancing the art of magic", so I just want to throw this thought out here. Is Theory11 advancing the art any more? Do we REALLY need Distortion or Digital Dissolve, Pressure, TnR? No we REALLY don't. This isn't a personal attack on Theory11, but all we are doing here is making unnecessary changes and calling them advancements to please our own self confidence by complimenting our creative flares. Why the hell do we need cards t change so visually that people want to jump off a building trying to figure out how it's done? Maybe we just want to please other Magi. This trick definetly didn't fool me by means of technicality, but I was floored by the entertainment quality portrayed by this trick. Definitlye the most entertaining on the site. Don't say the simplest isn't the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2008
CA
I applaud the creativity behind this. Seems like it would play out very well with an audience.

Aug 31, 2007
No disrespect to anyone, but is it just me that's noticed that the quality of one on ones has just kinda gone downhill recently?

Sure there have been some gems, but compare some of the stuff coming out of Theory 11 now, to like 5 speed, or blind or the strike change etc etc etc. It's just not on the same level imo, or even JE's amazing series of advanced techniques on fundamental slights. What's happened?

Sure this is a nice trick and everything, but is it 'advancing the art of magic'? no.

This is the kind of thing that goes as one effect on a DVD, not something on a one on one. In fact I'm sure it will in the near future also appear on a DVD.

As I said, I'm not knocking this effect. It seems good, simple and effective and I'm sure it'll get some great reactions, but really.....it's not exactly a groundbreaking utility move, or a series of fundamental sleights. It's just an effect.....and not that powerful an effect either.

What happened to the idea of Theory 11 coming from one on one, giving people the material they needed to advance their magic. This is just quite simply something you'd put in your repertoire. Not something that changes the game.

I hope someone can actually get the distinction. I'm a big fan of LD's work and the stuff I've seen coming out of him. This is a nice trick....but its just one of a string of effects that don't quite hit the mark of being ground breaking, and I thought that's what this site claimed to be?

I've actually seen a version of this a long time ago at a live show involving oversized cards, but it was the same trick at a stage show. Meh.

How do you know it is not that powerful? Have you performed it before?

I don't understand why an effect has to be groundbreaking in order to be a quality effect. So what if it is not ground breaking, it is still a great effect that looks like it will play great.

I think this is a very creative and cool effect. I probably will purchase this.

D

Deleted member 2755

I really disagree with you. T11 really tries hard to try and find stuff for everyone. Beginner to expert. Magic and cardistry. Cards to coins to other objects. There is a balance. One week we'll get the S.W.E. Shift from Kenner and the next week we'll get Gypsy Thread. You can see where I'm coming from.

Not every 1 on 1 will appeal to everyone. T11 tries to vary the 1 on 1's though so that everyone is satisfied.

The Gypsy Thread is a classic of magic that I think everyone should learn. It's a great effect. El Cambio Nada is a great color change that happens in the hands which isn't easy or hard. (I don't own it so I'm just going by the difficulty level there.) The Dancy Revelation is a 4 ace production for beginners. The Pop Out Move is for intermediates. Untitled is a fun trick for beginners. Those were just the 5 most recent 1 on 1's. You can see how they vary. Go to the second page and you'll find Homer's coin work, a fancy cut, and some fancy deals.

You just have to look at everything. So if you don't like this, just wait for the next one. You never know, it could be anything. T11 tries to bring quality 1 on 1's every Friday. No other company does this. Just have some patience. :)

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Doug, am I fair in saying you just said that Untitled is a trick published for beginners? Or was it your opinion that it is a fun trick that beginners can do as well as professionals and advanced card handlers?

C

It's a fun trick that everyone can do. I don't think it would go into my actual repertoire as I prefer some different ways to do card to pocket than the one in Untitled. (Well this isn't really much of a card to pocket effect.:p) Anyway, it's a fun trick. Professionals of course could use it, but I don't think many would. I do think that it's a fun trick that everyone can play around with and beginners will love it as it's fun.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results