Ideas for trick

Dec 29, 2008
Im looking to create a new trick, so you are free to post any ideas you have. Or if you tried to create something and it didnt work out just post your ideas, thanks. :)

I always thought it would be cool to do a ashers twist type thing,
cards are face down and one by one the turn face up, then when you turn one face down they all turn face down then when you turn one face up they all turn into different cards

May 3, 2008
Let me re-word your post:

I'm too lazy to create a trick. I tried some stuff but it didn't work. Can you guys do it for me so I can show it to people and call it my own?

Seriously, create your own effect. Don't ask us to do it for you. And if you're having trouble creating it, SEARCH. There are tons of threads offering ideas on creating magic and lots of them are really helpful.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Let me re-word your post:

I'm too lazy to create a trick. I tried some stuff but it didn't work. Can you guys do it for me so I can show it to people and call it my own?

Seriously, create your own effect. Don't ask us to do it for you. And if you're having trouble creating it, SEARCH. There are tons of threads offering ideas on creating magic and lots of them are really helpful.

Well said.

If youR creating magic it should be your idea and your method. I've created lots and for me once I have an original idea and a method it's kind of a thrill for me it's a cool experiance, because you have somthing to be proud of and call yours. That's also why it's hard for some artist to release there material.

Im looking to create a new trick, so you are free to post any ideas you have. Or if you tried to create something and it didnt work out just post your ideas, thanks. :)
i'm sure you are not asking for exposure....what i think you are asking is for us to help you out so i'll ask u this question...why don't u tell us what you are trying to do and maybe we can help you out???

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
cards are face down and one by one the turn face up, then when you turn one face down they all turn face down then when you turn one face up they all turn into different cards

If you like that, check out twister by Chris kenner. I think that's the right one. I haven't read the book in a while.

What I just read sounded like this

"I want to have a great idea, now I need you to think of it for me."

When creating YOUR OWN effect use YOUR OWN ideas. Its really not that hard man. Don't go asking people to think for you. Thats a lazy mans work. Be original with the art man. Anyways if you come up with something original and you need to find that one little thing come to me and I'll help you.

Thanks

Justin Way

May 3, 2008
What I just read sounded like this

"I want to have a great idea, now I need you to think of it for me."

When creating YOUR OWN effect use YOUR OWN ideas. Its really not that hard man. Don't go asking people to think for you. Thats a lazy mans work. Be original with the art man. Anyways if you come up with something original and you need to find that one little thing come to me and I'll help you.

Thanks

Justin Way

Wow. You almost exactly copied my post. That seems kinda hypocritical that you're getting mad at him for not making his own ideas when you just basically copied everything I said in my post and even said it the same way.

Feb 28, 2008

I've seen someone do this before... I think. At least something similar. Glenn West is the magician's name.

Feb 28, 2008
It's the idea that's the hardest part... Method is really irrelevant. Once you think up a good idea, eventually you will find a method for it - even if the method sucks.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
docd9, don't get these guys wrong. They probably could've gone a little easier on you, but please realise: you're not being criticised for being offensive - you're being criticised because your actions are not commensurate with what appear to be what you want to achieve. I'm sure you can understand why a question on this sort of topic is only self-defeating.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results