I'm a little pissed off...

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Today, I met the worst heckler I have ever met!!!
And I know how to deal with hecklers!

So I was performing distortion by wayne houchin right? Well this kid in my class, that I now hate, comes up grabs the gimmick from me, AS IM STILL PERFORMING THE FREAKING TRICK, and says, "Oh look everybody, it's a trick card, you can see it!!" And then be pulls on the gimmick and F*CKING BREAKS IT!!!!!! I mean seriously, COME ON!!!!

Sorry, I just really needed to get that off my chest......

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
I feel your pain, but just a little advice, be careful who you perform your tricks too. Sometimes you can tell somebody is a heckler just by observing their behavior prior to the trick. Even though this person might be a close friend, you still have to take into account their personality and actions.

Just thought I might give my two cents. :D

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
If they had a smilie here that was scrunching his eyes and grabbing his nose.... Here is a combo to what I would have looked like

:rolleyes: First sign of heckler

:mad: He took the gimmick and revealed the effect

:( He broke it

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I feel your pain, but just a little advice, be careful who you perform your tricks too. Sometimes you can tell somebody is a heckler just by observing their behavior prior to the trick. Even though this person might be a close friend, you still have to take into account their personality and actions.

Just thought I might give my two cents. :D

Oh I know. I can spot hecklers from all over. BUT this kid was just minding his own busniess, not even paying attention until the last second.

Feb 28, 2008
That's one of the worst hecklers I've heard of... I've never had that happen, nor do I hope it ever does, but if someone ever reached for one of my gimmicks, specifically something as expensive as a distortion card, I'd just stop performing and tell that person he or she ruined it for everyone.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Anyways,what you should have done is just stare at him calmly with an almost confused look.
And have said "So how do you feel now man? Because obviously what you just did makes you cool, am I right?"
And sit there and wait for an answer.

And watch his face and ears turn red from embarassment.
Nail them while they're vulnerable

Edit: When I said this line to my heckler who was that agressive I added "And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared sh!tless kid."
Dont know if that'd suit you,but its me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
Anyways,what you should have done is just stare at him calmly with an almost confused look.
And have said "So how do you feel now man? Because obviously what you just did makes you cool am I right?"
And sit there and wait for an answer.

And watch his face and ears turn red from embarassment.
Nail them while they're vulnerable

Edit: When I said this line to my heckler who was that agressive I added "And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared sh!tless kid."
Dont know if that'd suit you,but its me.

yeah, thats the way to handle hecklers, i like that way bro

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Sorry to here that. Funny story. David regal broke my distortion gimmick. I went to his lecture he wanted to borrow a deck so I offered up mine unfortunately I forgot to take out my gimmick and he shuffled the deck he didn't notice and I didn't remember till after the trick. Anyways I personally tell heckler to f-and nobodys forcing you to watch and not to ruin it for everyone else but I have only ever delt with 1 or 2 bad hecklers.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I am a school photographer. And I was deal with line management. So naturally, I began to use the rubber bands around my wrists.. playing with them. Out of the blue a little girl (elementary school mind you) asked, "can you do a magic trick?" So, fully well knowing that I don't do much rubber band magic mostly cards and random object such. I did the only rubber band trick I know. The simple impromptu linking rubber band trick that... yes... saw on youtube a long time ago... :p. trust me, nothing too special. Anyway, I got several "how did you do that??" and giggles and such. the younger folk were enjoying it. continuously asked to repeat... or for someone from a different part in line asking to see. so I kept doing it. eventually a kid who was a little older was in line. he said "I know how you do that... my brother showed me... then proceeded to announce the method." I sort of stopped him politely. and then made him feel like he and I were in some... club :p. I basically told him that even though We (he and I) know how it's done, the rest of the younger kids don't and are enjoying it. so we should let them.

Aug 5, 2009
Sleight Purist: If you wouldn't use gimmicks, this wouldn't happen.

Gimmick Artist: Yeah, he'd take your fingers off instead!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results