Does CRUSH use any gimmick what so ever?

Jan 26, 2010
I am thinking of buying it but i hate using gimmicks and i want to know does CRUSH use any gimmick or can you walk upto anyone and do it becaaue im seriously considering buying it but i dont want to if u need to take a small item with you or something if i just uses science like how you hold the bottle thats fine i can live with that

PLUS can you do it with big 2 litre bottle's

One version is gimmickless.
thanks for answering his question with a legitimate answer.....

yeah man a gimmicked and non gimmicked version...you can use cans, and bottles....

@oooo191, A little lesson on gimmicks tho, gimmicks are created to cheat magic, it enhance your already honed skill. I use to think that way, but the more i lived, the more i learned. Some of the biggest names in magic history use gimmicks. If you don't use gimmicks, you must be the most creative man in the world or just don't do a lotta magic effects. Gimmicks are a part of magic.

Sep 1, 2008
Los Angeles
yes and no at the same time. But one should not depend on gimmicks to do their magic. If you solely depend on gimmicks for your magic then you will be limited to that prop. And you don't have to be creative neither. I met a man who fits this criteria, I consider him my teacher since he has a repertoire of only 6 tricks (no gimmicks all card magic). And the tricks he does have a resonating effect on spectators. I saw people that come back to him years later and remember the trick he had done over all the performances and performers done at Magic Castle.

Apr 22, 2009
The thing is guys, YOU'RE the only one that knows if you're using a gimmick or not during a performance. (or at least I mean you're the only one that SHOULD know you're using a gimmick :p) I don't have anything against them, used correctly they can be amazing.

But back on topic, CRUSH having an impromptu method just doesn't make sense to me! There must be some science principle Eric stumbled upon that was too good to be true. Can't wait to get this.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
It's kind of silly that people relaly bring up the care of using a gimmick or not. Of course you shouldn't rely soley on gimmicks to perform your magic. But a gimmick is a tool that is used to do something that is not possible without one.

In many magic products there are is an impromptu way to do it, and a gimmciked way. (just like in shudder)

It all depends on the situation you are in and in reality, the spectators don't know you have a gimmick so ...it just doesn't matter.

So use what you got!

It's pretty obvious that you need a pair of clear glass pliers to crush the bottle. I don't know if you consider that a gimmick, but it's not something I carry around with me every day. I have a pair on me like twice a week, MAX.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
It's pretty obvious that you need a pair of clear glass pliers to crush the bottle. I don't know if you consider that a gimmick, but it's not something I carry around with me every day. I have a pair on me like twice a week, MAX.

Rob, you should do a CRUSH revealed video for the Criss Angel series you do with Mike. That would be hilarious. Since it's a hot new release people will be searching like crazy. Once they hit this.......(that is if you decide to make it) it will be funny as hell.

Cheers,

Casey

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Rob, you should do a CRUSH revealed video for the Criss Angel series you do with Mike. That would be hilarious. Since it's a hot new release people will be searching like crazy. Once they hit this.......(that is if you decide to make it) it will be funny as hell.

Cheers,

Casey

This wins.

Apr 25, 2010
thanks for answering his question with a legitimate answer.....

yeah man a gimmicked and non gimmicked version...you can use cans, and bottles....

@oooo191, A little lesson on gimmicks tho, gimmicks are created to cheat magic, it enhance your already honed skill. I use to think that way, but the more i lived, the more i learned. Some of the biggest names in magic history use gimmicks. If you don't use gimmicks, you must be the most creative man in the world or just don't do a lotta magic effects. Gimmicks are a part of magic.

yes and no at the same time. But one should not depend on gimmicks to do their magic. If you solely depend on gimmicks for your magic then you will be limited to that prop. And you don't have to be creative neither. I met a man who fits this criteria, I consider him my teacher since he has a repertoire of only 6 tricks (no gimmicks all card magic). And the tricks he does have a resonating effect on spectators. I saw people that come back to him years later and remember the trick he had done over all the performances and performers done at Magic Castle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results