Business Card Magic

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Heya, I just recently moved a few streets over. Well, not recently. More like a while ago. Anyway, but I had to get new business cards because most of my contact information had changed.

Anyway, does anyone know of some good business card magic? Any good dvd's and such. I love magic I can use with business card(s).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch you awesome people,

–Anna Harris

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Heya, I just recently moved a few streets over. Well, not recently. More like a while ago. Anyway, but I had to get new business cards because most of my contact information had changed.

Anyway, does anyone know of some good business card magic? Any good dvd's and such. I love magic I can use with business card(s).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch you awesome people,

–Anna Harris

Correct me If I am wrong...but do you have your address in your business card?

edit: Because if you do...that is a mistake...you must not include never, ever, ever your address...unless of course is your management office..

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Correct me If I am wrong...but do you have your address in your business card?

edit: Because if you do...that is a mistake...you must not include never, ever, ever your address...unless of course is your management office..

Nope. No address, I did however have my home phone as well as my cell and both of those have changed. My e-mail didn't though. That is my contact info now.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Luis is correct. You do not put your house number, street address, etc. on a business card. Not unless you have an office that people are coming to for a service such as a Spa. I've looked at at least 100 different business cards from different magicians and I have never seen that listed. Occassionally I'll see the City and State listed but for the most part it is the following:

Your Name
Phone Number
Website Address
Email

A Logo or a head shot and that is about it.

Dec 6, 2010
Sankey has a whole DVD called Business card miracles I dont own it but it looks pretty good!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You may want to look into using the "out to lunch" principle with your cards.
You can also use Frixion pens on the back.
Torn and Restored Business Card.
Show them all blank using a Flustration count and then push them through your fist making them magically print.
Just throwing some ideas out there for you.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
You may want to look into using the "out to lunch" principle with your cards.
You can also use Frixion pens on the back.
Torn and Restored Business Card.
Show them all blank using a Flustration count and then push them through your fist making them magically print.
Just throwing some ideas out there for you.

Thank you very much. Those are some good ideas. I will try out torn and restored business card.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Are you familiar with the "out to lunch" effect with them? It is very simple and only utilizes a thick rubberband.
The Flustration count showing the back blank is also strong and easy.
Frixion pens are super easy but I know a lot of layman know how they work.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Are you familiar with the "out to lunch" effect with them? It is very simple and only utilizes a thick rubberband.

No, I'm not familiar with the "out to lunch" effect. Where can I find it?

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS

In his lecture notes, Jon Armstrong has an effect called "I scream, you scream", that combines out to lunch and the use of a frixion pen. It's a stunning effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results