Slogan?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
So, I've been wanting to create a business card but there is one thing I want that I can't think of...a slogan. Something that sums up my magic and is catchy. I do card magic, ordinary object magic, and coins are my absolute favorite. How would you guys go about thinking up a good slogan?

Dec 6, 2010
Since you said restaurant I thought of one "If you want your restaurant filled, hire this magician with skills" haha its just a dumb one

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I thought about having my name and then directly under it have it say Magician and then under that something like "Is THIS your card?" and then later on, I could somehow incorporate that into an effect

Dec 6, 2010
Thats a cool idea my friend did something similiar it's really cool when you have a built in effect in your business card!

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
well I use "Magic is Freedom"
since you'll be all in any type of environment you'll probably use something along the lines of "this is the age of magic"
(I dont know it was the first thing that came to mind)
ps dont use my slogan :D

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
I thought about having my name and then directly under it have it say Magician and then under that something like "Is THIS your card?" and then later on, I could somehow incorporate that into an effect

You could consider using something along the lines of "... no, this is MY card!" - it's a spin on the traditional "Is this your card?" that you mentioned. It's kind of cheesy, but I feel like you could definitely do worse, and if you incorporate a bit of humor into your routine it might be an option.

Or, you could do some kind of coin routine, and print some text or a monetary amount on the card that has relevance - i.e. "Don't you wonder what I did with that half dollar?"

In fact, if you have a trick that you perform regularly in all your routines, you could do something related to that and put it on there.

Another idea I had is a little more dependent on how many cards you're ordering and whether you want to expend effort setting up an effect. Basically, the idea is that you leave a space blank and use it for a reveal based on the Pilot Frixion pen.

Basic outline: force something, then pull out your business card and say "I had a prediction written here, blah blah blah." Show the prediction - which is wrong - and then proceed to burn away the incorrect letters or symbols or whatever, thus blowing their minds. Afterwards they get to keep the card as a souvenier, and since it's an actual business card, they instantly have a conversation piece ("Hey Jim, check this out, I saw a magician and ... blah blah blah ... and then he gave me his card, look, I have it right here.")... and that conversation piece has your contact info on it. So if they carry it around, not only can they tell people to look you up, but they instantly have a memory jog to remember how great your performance was.

The main problem with this, though, would be that it would take effort to set up each business card (and if you mess one up, you've basically ruined that card). Another minor issue is that, in my experience, Frixion ink leaves a pale blue-grey residue when "burned" off, which could somehow lead to exposure if a spectator is really examining the card and puts two and two together while in a Staples or something. Additionally, if someone checks you out through a referral from someone else you did the trick for, the reveal won't be as shocking, since they'll know it's coming - which can be countered by making numerous different forces and slogans, but that's a huge pain.

Despite the drawbacks, though, I think the concept of using a business card with a reveal is pretty decent. I'd be interested to know if anyone gives this particular idea a shot, and what the reactions are.

Nov 9, 2010
Probably all audiences. I want to get into restaurant work, walk around work, parties (not necessarily kids parties).

I'm guessing "I'll be your desert this evening" could be misunderstood by some of the guests even though it's a completely innocent joke about the expression "I'll be your entertainment.."?... ;)

I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something tomorrow.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results