Getting rid of an excess object

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I'm working on move that changes one small object into another, much like Garcia's finish on "Greed".
After the change i transfer an object into the other hand, but a lot of people still wants to see the hand in which the change occured instantly after the transfer, and that just doesn't give me enough time to pocket it. The best solution I came up with is that after the change I do the Ramsey's subtlety and then transfer the object to the empty hand, constantly looking in the direction I want my spectators to look at and pocketing the palmed object at the same time.
The thing is, it doesn't work every time, so aside from more practice, is there anything else you guys could recommend to me?

Have you tried handing them the object with the dirty hand? That can take the heat off of the dirty hand. And when they are inspecting the object you can ditch the other thing.

Other than that all I can think of is good routining to fix the problem. If perhaps you left a pen on the table, you could pick it up with the dirty hand and then place the pen and the gimmick into your pocket. If you have a reason to go to your pocket, whether it be to get something or put something back, it tends to fly by. A good example would be Crossing The Gaze from Tamariz's Five Points in magic.

May 3, 2008
So if I'm correct, in the end of Greed you end with a coin and a gimmick that you need to conceal. I recommend you lean forward to hand out the coin and ditch the gimmick in your back pocket quickly. Or, if you don't want to hand it out, simply toss the coin in the air and quickly ditch the gimmick in your pocket. It can take a bit of practice to get coordinated and do smooth but their eyes will always be on the coin when you toss it.

Jan 21, 2011
There are many ways to get rid of an extra coin or small object that will draw little attention. When you get rid of it and what technique you use depends solely on your routine. Check out topits, the raven, and sleaving. You can also just routine it to where you need to go to pocket as well. Whiteout knowing the routine better or how you end I cannot give you more specifics however.

Red

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Thank you for all the cool advices you guys gave me, I definitely appreciate the amount of specifity in them, although I now realized I didn't said a lot of details in my question.
The thing is, I was mostly a card-based guy up untill now, so creating routines with some other objects requires a somewhat different approach to the situation and that stills gives me some trouble, so this forum is (in lack of a better word) like a blessing to me.

Oh, and thank you for some cool reading advice, I'm probably going to get the above mentioned book by the spring.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results