Redemption

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I haven't purchased Tool or Redemption. I was wondering if someone could explain the difference between the two? I was interested in purchasing either or depending on what other's opinions are on each. Thanks!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I own and use Tool. The tool gimmick is outstanding in my opinion and flies by layman with ease. There are so many uses of it and the practicality is insane. It does most of the work for you. Tom Craven and I were just working on an effect with it at our last club meeting. As far as the Tool DVD...I was a little disappointed compared to David Stones other DVDs. It was just him one on one with a female spectator on a couch going through all the routines. No live footage or anything.

I do not own redemption so someone else may have to chime in.

Apr 18, 2010
TOOL looks great! Chris sent me a copy of redemption and THERE IS A GOD! This is really, really good guys! As far as a comparison between the 2? put it this way, they BOTH use the SAME gimmick..but in TOTALLY diff. ways. Both are GREAT pieces to add to your arsenal! And they BOTH deserve to be existing at the same time. The dvd production is top notch and no stone is unturned. Teaches a handful of routines and ideas and in no time (if your a creative person) you will be coming up with ways to use the redemption gimmick yourself.
I know Gary Jones from the U.K is mad about it as well.

JM

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm amazed that so many versions of the same gimmick are out there because Tom Craven actually created the original non magnetized gimmick many many years ago.

Apr 18, 2010
when I say same gimmick i do not mean that each gimmick is designed and put together the same way I mean it just uses the same principle...no you cannot do the same routines as in TOOL.
JM

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
TOOL looks great! Chris sent me a copy of redemption and THERE IS A GOD! This is really, really good guys! As far as a comparison between the 2? put it this way, they BOTH use the SAME gimmick..but in TOTALLY diff. ways. Both are GREAT pieces to add to your arsenal! And they BOTH deserve to be existing at the same time. The dvd production is top notch and no stone is unturned. Teaches a handful of routines and ideas and in no time (if your a creative person) you will be coming up with ways to use the redemption gimmick yourself.I know Gary Jones from the U.K is mad about it as well.

JM

Thank you Justin. I think I'll be getting redepmtion. I've seen both trailers and it seems like I'd prefer redemption just because you can use the deck instead of the box. It looks almost too clean from the trailer. I'm usually skeptical due to the editing used in trailers, but this looked awesome and they let ut see it happn uncut so that says a lot I think.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results