Table Faro

Nov 27, 2009
Expert Card Technique has a chapter called the Perfect Riffle which serves exactly the same purpose as a Faro shuffle, and accomplishes the exact same thing as a Faro shuffle, but it looks like a riffle shuffle, and it kind of is a riffle shuffle. It's also easier in some ways than a Faro, although I'm not terribly good with either technique.

Jul 13, 2010
Martin Nash also has something about the Table Faro released. I´m not sure, but I think it can be found "Ever so sleightly" and in one of his videos, "Infinity and Beyond".
Oh, and if you can`t find a copy of both, you can always get the e-book "Leftovers" by Michael Sorensen, which also covers the Table Faro .
Unfortunately Martin Nash and Michael Sorensen have parted ways. "Nash Reloaded" had to be removed and will not be available anymore. Michael has pulled all his personal contributions from "Nash Reloaded" into a new ebook called "Leftovers". Don't be fooled by the word 'leftovers'. So regretable the situation between Martin and Michael is, Michael is a very skilled and creative performer in his own right.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
The two recommendations of ECT and the stuff Nash has on video are both excellent, particularly the Nash sources. I would just add Sharps and Flats. It teaches the easiest table faro, although the Sharps/Flats method is also described very briefly in ECT. It is not deceptive in the sense that it doesn't look like a riffle shuffle at all, but the guys who are the very best at it do it extremely quickly, so there's really not much to see...

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I learned from expert card technique and from watching Dan and Dave's Trilogy. The shuffle doesn't look exactly like a riffle shuffle but if you do it smoothly enough it shouldn't cause any suspician.
Just as a side note it took me about 2 years to figure out how to do it smooth enough to perform with. Even then I can get it perfect about every third time. The effects I use it with don't need an absolute perfect cut or shuffle though. That's probably something good to start with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results