Classic Pass Practice

Apr 20, 2010
It's well done, but you're making it obvious a move is happening. I don't understand why people want to overcover the pass. Everytime you do that, you're going to confuse the spectator. You're telepathing that every time you do that strange hand motion, you're controlling a card, or cutting the deck, or whatever the spectator assumes is happening.

Oct 22, 2011
California
agreed. the moment your two hands come together the spectator expects something to happen so the sleight musn't be given anything else suspicious like wiggling your hands for no reason. so the second your hands touch it must be done and gone and maybe give it a squaring action if you want to, but definitely get rid of the hand wagging. fast and clean. if you portray with your body language that something is gonna happen like you speed up or talk louder or tense up you might as well show them how to do a pass.

Instead of riffling to a card, spread/dribble to a card. That way, there is motivation for the squaring action. There is no reason to square a clean deck. I would suggest either, spreading/dribbling to the card, displaying it, and reassembling the cards, leaving the deck messy and coming back later to square/shift the pack, or perform a dribble/spread pass. The former breaks the actions up, thus removing suspicion of a tricky move, and the latter is a logical followup action that has motivation. I hope that helped!

use an UNDER pass as I turn the deck over, this is covered as my other hand flips the top hafe. I think I learned this concept from a Brad Christian video, not sure witch one may of been ninja 1 or 2 anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results