theory11 decks are getting more expensive

Aug 30, 2012
Yet look at Apple. Consistent sales, long lines for new releases, and premium prices. High prices hasn't hurt them one bit. If you're good at what you do, and people want what you offer then they will always meet your price.

Ultimately you're right Austin. Do what you want to do because you want to do it. It's your money, spend it how you see fit. I buy cards because they need to work for me first and foremost, and look right secondly.

I've gone ahead and modified my earlier post to reflect my position as I continue to turn the custom deck subject over in my mind.

Exactly. Its about what we want as individuals. I don't want an Iphone so I don't buy one, and I don't complain about the prices of them either. There will always be someone complaining about something. I do not represent Theory11 and I'm not a PR guy. I'm just gonna take my stance and stick with it. You can't make everyone happy and if you try you'll be miserable. Custom decks are just that. Custom, we know what we are paying for and we want them so we pay for it. I'm happy with it and so are a slew of other people. Glad to see your thinking about it William :)

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
... Also, I am 100% sure that Premium 909 finish is not real... I know by getting quotes from the USPCC that...

I've also spoken with Bicycle for quotes, and at the time (Before T11), they had some stocks and finishes that were not available to schmucks like me. They had some that were reserved only for various companies.

Just a thought.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Please read my last sentence again, and yes Apple is a great example, people constantly complain about their high prices.

The point isn't people complain. The point is people still pay for Apple products regardless of how much they do or do not complain. iPhone 5, I believe sold 2 million orders in first 24 hours. Regardless of how many friends complained about how underwhelmed about the new iPhone 5 was.

Mar 10, 2011
Just my 2 cents: As far as "premium decks" are concerned, you aren't typically paying for the cost of production. I used to pull my own paper for origami (and various counterfeiting projects, but we won't go into that) and it is very cost effective to do so because the raw materials were incredibly inexpensive. After pulling the sheet, pressing it, and folding the model, I could turn around and sell it for a minimum of $65. The actual cost of the materials and labor only cost me about $10 to $20 depending on how much time it took to fold said model. Yet, people spent the money to have my models in their environment. Clothing is the same way; kids pay upwards of $35 per shirt to have a softer cotton AND an eagle on their shirt (American Eagle, Abrocromie & Fitch). So, more than anything, you pay for the design and the "brand" of the deck. It's the idea of having a deck that was made to express what you do and to aesthetically enhance your performance.

rudolph

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2011
I'm still sure there's Premium 909 finish as I trust thoery11 . However , previous versions of theory11 decks still cheaper ( Sentinels )
Yesterday , theory11 released The Archive , FREE , most importantly , we can even save points when we purchase so 6.95 pricing shouldn't be a problem for a good deck .

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Yet look at Apple. Consistent sales, long lines for new releases, and premium prices. High prices hasn't hurt them one bit. If you're good at what you do, and people want what you offer then they will always meet your price.

Ultimately you're right Austin. Do what you want to do because you want to do it. It's your money, spend it how you see fit. I buy cards because they need to work for me first and foremost, and look right secondly.

I've gone ahead and modified my earlier post to reflect my position as I continue to turn the custom deck subject over in my mind.

I just have one thing to say here (I don't care much either way as I don't buy decks too often but that is another matter entirely).

Yes, Apple does indeed have exorbitant prices. However, they do not raise the prices for each successive product. It did not go iPhone-$100, iPhone 2G-$200, iPhone 3G-$300...etc. They have set their standard and have stuck by it without compromises.

I have nothing against T11 charging $5 a deck. Maybe even $6 depending on the cause (for example, I was perfectly content with the $10 for the Charity:Water decks because it was for a good cause). But with that being said, we are not going to believe that it takes T11 more time on each deck than the previous one. If it took 100 hours to design the Monarchs (I understand this may be a very low estimate. Just an example), I highly doubt it took 200 hours to design the Rebels. The materials and quality are comparable in each deck and there is not a HUGE jump in quality. I understand that T11 already has high quality decks but that doesn't explain why deck prices have to keep increasing.

Insofar as people are saying "Obviously people still like them so they'll buy at any price," I don't agree with this at all. I used to buy quite a few playing cards but have stopped recently due to not only the excessive number of decks flooding the market, but also the rising prices for minimal increases in quality. Perhaps I'm just not a fanatic but this has certainly been a reason for me to stop buying.

Just my 2 cents. I have nothing against T11 and will probably continue buying certain products.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results