An index of sleight of hand

Nov 2, 2012
I would like a complete (as possible) list of sleights, moves, subtleties, tools and secrets of the art of card magic (maybe some other stuff too) ranging from the classic pass to the top change to the pop-out move and i propose that (if there isn't already one- couldn't find one though) we create one, firstly in this thread, then perhaps compile it into a document.

This would be good to further your knowledge as a magician as to whats out there, what you can do and what you can learn, put together and routine. So, get cracking and start posting as many moves, sleights and utilities as you can think of. Thanks guys.

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
Great idea, difficult though. I'm not a moving encyclopedia and I don't remember any names ): . But hope people will help and together we will create this list. IF needed I can organize all the results we get to one document and post it here (; Good luck

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I have two thoughts. Firstly there are going to be too many things to list, period. Secondly, a list of moves etc is not going to be very helpful. Maybe if it were a list of sleights with references to where you can learn them, but otherwise it's kind of pointless.

Dec 1, 2007
East Coast USA
I would like a complete (as possible) list of sleights, moves, subtleties, tools and secrets of the art of card magic (maybe some other stuff too) ranging from the classic pass to the top change to the pop-out move and i propose that (if there isn't already one- couldn't find one though) we create one, firstly in this thread, then perhaps compile it into a document.

This would be good to further your knowledge as a magician as to whats out there, what you can do and what you can learn, put together and routine. So, get cracking and start posting as many moves, sleights and utilities as you can think of. Thanks guys.

Feel free to use (as information or to help update) MagicPedia: http://geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Category:Card_Sleights

Oct 9, 2012
I had a similar idea as well, but wasn't sure how well received it would be considering it could be exposure depending how detailed, and accessible it is. I like that magipedia though, it describes the effect but not the method, so you can understand what the effect does, but would have to learn it somewhere else.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results