out of focus cardistry

Apr 29, 2012
Hi! My name is dru, and i am a cardist from the good ol' U.S. of A, and i have recently posted a cardistry video to my youtube channel, which I think is my best one yet (which isn't saying much :) ) please check it out, comment on it with as much constructive criticism as you like, and please subscribe. this will help me so much and will make me very happy. thank you
-Dru

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X88_tFCu-no&feature=player_profilepage

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Honest assessment - looks like every other cardistry video, only out of focus. Why would you post a video that's out of focus?

I prefer your music selection to most, though.

The moves themselves seem decently done, but it's slow. You obviously have a solid start and just need to keep practicing.

Nov 27, 2012
it´s nice that you have some ideas outside the box (for instance the whole "out of focus" situation) but I particularly think that it does not help with the aesthetics of cardistry, try play with it a little more and not using it through the entire video, other than that just keep practicing so you get faster in the moves. (by the way you could benefit from some other camera tricks with the lights AND the focus) Best of luck!

Feb 4, 2008
Okay I don't like the music because I don't like 50s music. I do give you props for using different score than most though. The out of focus thing....could work a little better if there was something in focus either in the for or background. The thing is....out of focus only works in an artistic way if you can first establish that you know what you are doing. Playing with depth of field is something every budding photographer and videographer should do. That said...when everything is out of focus it just looks like you don't know what you are doing. I like how smooth your cuts are. Like someone else said...when you practice more you can speed it up. That will impress the insiders but I doubt an average joe would notice. Good effort!

Aug 2, 2011
California
I'll be completely honest. I don't like the out of focus and it's a bit annoying. Something to think about is if you like that music, you could put the video in black and white and add an old looking film filter?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results