Noob trying to learn cardistry help?

Oct 21, 2014
Okay so recently I took interest in wanting to learn cardistry and I'm currently learning the basics or card handling and shuffles before I even dare try to learn flourishes and I'm stuck in trying to laern and master the Swing Cut. I'm left handed so my master hand is my left and i can't do multiple swing cuts without a packet spreading in my hands totally messing up the move. Can someone give me tips? And also I bought a deck of Dan and Dave's Smoke & Mirrors V6 and it hasn't even been a few days and the card totally lost it's slipperiness. I haven't even abused it that much yet the cards totally become clumpy and has a great deal of friction causing it to spread with clumps. What can I do to prevent my other cards from having the same issue? Help a beginner out man, I really wanna learn cardistry.

Oct 8, 2014
USA
Be gentle with the cards. They are very fragile. You are going to go through tons of packs of cards. As for shuffling and flourishing. You can get great videos on the wire for free. Also it takes tons of practice. I mean a lot of it. So be patient and gentle with the cards.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
First off, welcome noobie. Cardistry is a fickle mistress, and it requires a lot of time and dedication. It can be discouraging when you can't figure out a move, but with practice and time, you will eventually get it. I'm also a leftie so I think I may be able to help you out with your swing cut problem as I had the same problem. To fix it, you need to use the edge of the packet in your right hand rather than the back. This will force the packet to pivot rather than spread.

As for the cards, the V6s weren't the best with longevity sadly. They do tend to clump quickly. Washing your hands before practice will help them last a little longer. Also having 3-4 decks open at a time helps make your cards last longer as you can rotate the decks once they start to clump a little.

Hope that helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results