Thoughts on collecting decks?

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
Im still a beginner(less than 2 months.)
i want to collect cards but im hesitating to start because i feel if i buy, i dont know what to do with it. because of my lack on flourish skills. I know i should practice my flourish.

But im too focused improving my culling and double lift and palming.

The flourish i can do spring.dribble. ribbon spread. And pressure fan but not yet evenly fan.

Just want to know your opinions.

Jul 14, 2016
A lot of people will tell you to just buy bikes instead of custom cards and practice your Moves. At the end of the day it's your money do what you want with it. If you really want to collect cards than by all means go buy cards. I say this because I love playing cards. It's nice to play around with different cards instead of always just sticking to bicycle cards. To me cards are like food I love food but I don't just eat the same thing all the time. You don't need to know all these crazy moves in order to enjoy the cards. Only thing is don't go crazy and start spending money, instead buy a few decks to see how you enjoy them and go from there.

Reactions: Mem

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I have a decent sized collection of cards and I am not a flourisher at all. I got them because I like the artwork on the cards (And, at this point, because I get a lot of free decks because of my job).

I also think we need to clarify here - do you mean 'collecting decks' as in getting a bunch of decks that you never open, as collector's items? Or do you mean getting different styles of decks to use in magic/flourishing and throw away when you wear them out?

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
I have a decent sized collection of cards and I am not a flourisher at all. I got them because I like the artwork on the cards (And, at this point, because I get a lot of free decks because of my job).

I also think we need to clarify here - do you mean 'collecting decks' as in getting a bunch of decks that you never open, as collector's items? Or do you mean getting different styles of decks to use in magic/flourishing and throw away when you wear them out?
I want to collect them. It depends if i want to open it. If i want. I will buy 2 decks or more of that design. So i can use the other one and the other is not open and for collection.

Yeah.i do like the design and art.and its really tempting.

Youre lucky. I hope i can get a lot of decks like you.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I used to be fairly obsessed with cards but that has died off a lot. It got to the point where storage is an issue. I don't have the ability to display them, so they are kept in "memory boxes" (I get them at Michael's, perfect size for storing decks in bulk) with silica packets in them, and those are mostly in the trunk that serves as our TV stand.

Decks are not an investment, in general. There's a few designs that are worth a decent amount, like Jerry's Nuggets for some reason, but for the most part you're just collecting stacks of paper. So if you're going into it for the love of the designs, you've got the right idea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results