Folding Quarter Question

Jun 11, 2018
I'm using a folding quarter for the quarter in bottle effect. According to the instructions, the quarter can be removed by turning the bottle upside down and shaking to make "the quarter "fold itself and exit the bottle". I have been able to do this. Any suggestions?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Is it a single fold or double fold? Double folds are way easier to get out.

Start with the bottle raised up in one hand, neck down. Bring the bottle down hard and fast, into your cupped hand. The downward force and shape of the bottle makes the coin fold, so you just have to catch it, or pull it out if it stops at the mouth of the bottle.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
May 28, 2018
Saint Louis, MO
The trick is to jiggle the coin till it is oriented so that the "folds" in the coin are close-ish to parallel with the sides of the bottle. So assuming it is cut the usual way, along the sides of George's face, point the top of his head right at the top of the bottle. Or as close as you can get. Follow ChristopherT's directions above and any decently made coin should shoot right out.

May 28, 2018
Saint Louis, MO
addendum to above. If you are still having trouble getting the coin out and you are using two rubber bands on the coin, try taking one off. If you have only the one and it is still stubborn, try a different band after giving it a good stretching first. I do coin in a bottle with a half dollar and a slightly bigger necked bottle. I keep two folding halves. One for the coin in a bottle which has one band and one for everything else which has two.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Also try a different bottle. I haven't tried plastic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't quite as easy to use as glass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results