Do Monarchs handle any different to the other Theory11 decks (Artisan, High Victorian, Citizen, etc)

Jul 25, 2018
I've seen a lot of conflicting information on this and can't find anything certain. Some say they feel softer, others say they are exactly the same.

Aug 7, 2018
I've seen a lot of conflicting information on this and can't find anything certain. Some say they feel softer, others say they are exactly the same.
I can tell you with my experience the Monarchs feel better. I don’t know why. I know that they are all made with the same card stock but both monarch decks I bought felt so nice and felt like they were already broken in while my artisans feel so stiff and like they just can’t be broken in. So although it may be true that they are all made the same my personal opinion is that there is a difference (this can also be due to the amount/type of paint that is put onto the cards).

Nov 4, 2017
I can tell you with my experience the Monarchs feel better. I don’t know why. I know that they are all made with the same card stock but both monarch decks I bought felt so nice and felt like they were already broken in while my artisans feel so stiff and like they just can’t be broken in. So although it may be true that they are all made the same my personal opinion is that there is a difference (this can also be due to the amount/type of paint that is put onto the cards).
That’s so funny you say that beacause I would say the exact opposite. Artisans “feel” better to me, out of the box, than Monarch. I love them both but it’s amazing how subjective it can be.

Aug 9, 2018
United Kingdom
There's literally no difference if all the cards are printed on the same stock. The paint could add a little extra weight to some cards, but I don't think this would be much of a noticeable difference.
I think people feel that certain TXI cards handle differently to others because possibly one day they had dirt and oil on their hands before handling a deck, and then another day had very clean hands when handling a different deck.
Just wash your hands before opening and handling a deck and there will be no issues - as long as all your decks are stored in the same conditions

Aug 7, 2018
That’s so funny you say that beacause I would say the exact opposite. Artisans “feel” better to me, out of the box, than Monarch. I love them both but it’s amazing how subjective it can be.
That is really funny. I love the look of the Artisans. I recently pulled out my white Artisans and they felt really good. For some reason my black Artisans don’t feel good. But then I go back to monarchs and it’s just ughhh. I love them. I don’t know what it is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results