A situation where being asked to repeat a trick made the effect better?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I just realized I've been in a few positions I was asked to repeat a trick putting me in the perfect position to blow their mind more.

For example, once I did my Ambitious card for a guy and he goes "Well, CLEARLY it's some kind of palming". So I repeated a single step of it for him, using the same method of a DL, but got him more involved and made sure to show my hands clean and he freaked out when he flipped over his card on top.

Another time, I was doing my spongeball routine and right before I was about to do the phase where I make the ball teleport to their hand, where I make the ball teleport from one of my hands to join the other ball in my other hand, the spectator goes "wait a second do that again!" giving me a perfect transition to the phase in their hands.

So basically, have you had any situations like this?

Now that I think about it, I'm also curious to know if a heckler has ever asked you to do something that you could actually do, and then you proceed to blow their mind. One example would be when a heckler asks like "Do that in MY hand!" or something.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I remember doing a trick for a magician and a lay folk a couple of weeks back where I had one of them call stop he landed on the 6 of spades, and then I spread out the cards and had the magician pick out the 6 of clubs..... Neither of them knew if I intentionally forced the mates on them.... Neither did I:cool:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't get hecklers - but due to the mental nature of what I do, I frequently get genuinely curious questions like, "Can you hypnotize me/her/them/etc?"

Most of my casual material is designed to be repeatable. Mostly because it's not tricks.

But one trick does come to mind, which I really enjoy doing because it actually is as self working as a trick can be. Have a deck shuffled as thoroughly as the audience pleases. Have two card values (not suits) named. Spread the deck, you'll (probably) find those values next to each other somewhere in the deck. This can be repeated, and is most powerful in my opinion the third time, but I don't push it more than that usually.

Apr 26, 2013
My very first magic book included the trick you described @ChristopherT. It worked best with a well-used deck of cards, and the chosen values would either be right next to each other, or separated by one other card only.

I don't get hecklers - but due to the mental nature of what I do, I frequently get genuinely curious questions like, "Can you hypnotize me/her/them/etc?"

Most of my casual material is designed to be repeatable. Mostly because it's not tricks.

But one trick does come to mind, which I really enjoy doing because it actually is as self working as a trick can be. Have a deck shuffled as thoroughly as the audience pleases. Have two card values (not suits) named. Spread the deck, you'll (probably) find those values next to each other somewhere in the deck. This can be repeated, and is most powerful in my opinion the third time, but I don't push it more than that usually.
Yeah buddy, i read that somewhere....has like a 95 percent hit rate. Good call

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results