Best Card Reveal

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
You're new to magic. Let this be an inspiration for you.

Here's the thing. It gets increasingly difficult to be truly baffled and mystified by magic when you study it. The longer you go, the more you know, the less fools you. But here's the thing - those things that fool us are what got us into this (almost universally). So hang on to that mystery.

The secret is never as satisfying as the mystery. Hang on to this one for a while.

Some of the wisest words I'v read in a long time. If I didn't once see someone perform a snap change and feel my breath leave my body and my mouth hang open, I never would've gotten into this beautiful art form. Unfortunately it was a little too easy for me to learn the snap change on YouTube (learn it badly, that it), but I can honestly say that I enjoy being fooled far more than seeing straight through the method as I do with many tricks.

Dro

Jan 7, 2019
You're new to magic. Let this be an inspiration for you.

Here's the thing. It gets increasingly difficult to be truly baffled and mystified by magic when you study it. The longer you go, the more you know, the less fools you. But here's the thing - those things that fool us are what got us into this (almost universally). So hang on to that mystery.

The secret is never as satisfying as the mystery. Hang on to this one for a while.

I literally just created an account for the purpose of replying to this post that’s now several years old (and I’ll apologize in advance, as I don’t know all of the posting rules yet, particularly regarding bumping old threads back up like this— so I do apologize if this is bad form on my part). Anyway, as an amateur at this myself (and trust me, amateur is a massive overstatement, haha), your reply actually made me FEEL something when I read it. Usually, on other random message boards— not magic related, but pretty much anything else— a question that’s asked by a new person, and then answered by a clearly respected expert in that manner— where the answer isn’t even provided— would typically annoy me (because those answers are usually smug and condescending). However, the answer you gave to his question was probably THE BEST thing anyone could’ve possibly replied with there.

I realize this is a stupid comment, and it’s completely off the wall to even be dragging this thread up right now, but I felt compelled to THANK YOU for that answer (and this is coming from someone else who still doesn’t know how to work that trick out). I hesitate to even type this next bit, but I’m not even kidding when I say that reading that literally brought a couple of tears to my eyes, as crazy as that is, considering I’m a grown man, hahaha.

Anyway, once again, THANK YOU. Just browsing around here over the past few minutes I can already tell this place is full of some really solid, helpful, genuinely good people— and you’re obviously right there, included in that group. Good stuff.

(Mods— I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but I came across it, and couldn’t resist replying. Sorry about that. Feel free to delete this, or whatever you need to do.)

Later guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results