Double Double Face Routines?

Sep 15, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a deck of double face cards, and they're great, but some of the double faces are literally doubles, like queen of diamonds and queen of diamonds being back to back. I can't figure out any way to actually use cards like this in a routine, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for how to use something like that.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Lloyd Jones compiled a 43 page book called "SBS" or "Same Both Sides" in 1973 that has effects using double facers that are the same on both sides. You can pick up a used softcover copy on E Bay for $10. There is a store that sells a pdf, but I'm assuming that is not legitimate since the book is not in public domain.

I'm not coming up with any effects that use an SBS or "double double" card but I'm sure there are some in print elsewhere. Here is a link to a list of effects using double faced cards (I can't limit the search to SBS cards): https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/category/845

A quick look found "A Spirit Message" by U.F. Grant in Encyclopedia of Card Tricks (p. 130) - an interesting use of a SBS for a prediction. I'll put going through a lot of the other books on that list as a project for another time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results