New coin change

Nov 29, 2007
Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
Hey guys, I think I stumbled on a new coin change...
I haven't been doing magic for long, and to be honest, I haven't been doing a LOT of coin magic... but I think I have found something new...
Because I'm not sure who or even really how I should share this, if to anyone at all, I'm just going to post this and hopefully I'll get a couple PM's that might be able to evaluate the method and/or polish it up...
The coin can be shown by itself and both hands virtually empty...
It's a one hand changeand instantly both hands can again be shown virtually empty...
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks...

Jan 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey Corey,

Your description is a bit vague, so it's going to be difficult to help you out. Posting a video of it would be much better, so that we can see if it's been a marketed effect or not. (Be sure not to give it away, though!)

Nov 29, 2007
Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
sorry

I meant for it to be a bit vague, just so I wasn't giving anything up, but like I meantioned, I will accept some info on my trick if I can get some help, thus I might have to do a bit of PMing...

Nov 29, 2007
Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
I hear you

I hear you guys, I'll work on it...
Posting a clip may get some more help on the subject...
It may take a few weeks though, I don't quite yet have a camera, but it will go up on the site, hopefully under the same name as this thread...

Oct 8, 2007
Oh, I thought you were TheMagicArtist on Youtube but, since you don't have a camera, I guess you're not.

Sep 24, 2007
Virtually empty. Now that is both a large giveaway and a very vague statment at the same time.

describe the action of the change. i.e. "i close my hand and when i open it again, the coin has changed" or "i lay the coin on my palm. it instantly changes" your description is a bit too vague for me to make out anything.

Nov 29, 2007
Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
hey

O.K., I understand that you guys won't give an opinion because i didn't really give an explanation... it's understandable...
All I really want to say, or "tell" about the trick is this:
1. the reason for saying "virtually" is because obviously if no gimmicks are involved, how else would a magician catch another magicians eye without completely giving away the tricK? It is obviously a TRICK, most of us here are decently experienced magicians, and I honestly shouldn't have to even say "virtually" for everyone to understand
2. the only explanation I can give, is there are no funny moves to be noticed, the coin is held openly, then it just... changes... size... colour.... whatever, then the hands are displaid openly and casually, and the coin can be examined.
Other than all of that, I can't really say anything else, if you want to talk in any more deep detail then PM me please... though I will try to answer all questions on the thread without giving away the secret

Jan 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I think asking for a critique of your effect is almost impossible without video. Maybe you can tell us some things about angle sensitivity, use of gimmicks, or other info? Maybe you can try showing it to some people and see what happens?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results