Molecule Revisited: Trilogy?

Dec 5, 2007
On the Trilogy- Everythingelse, the Bucks teach several productions using the molecule 2 cut , which was taught on the system dvd as most of you know. now I myself do not own the system so i could not learn these productions but i would like to learn them but i NEED to know the molecule 2 cut so... my question is how/where to learn it? or are the bucks going to release a 1-on-1 teaching the molecule 2?(which I would happily buy.)

any information would help thanks...

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
Yeah I had the same problem.
I don't own TheSystem, but I have theTriogy.
And when it comes to that whole "Molecule Revisited" section, I'm pretty much clueless.
[I'll edit this if there's any information that might help. Sorry!]

Sep 1, 2007
You might as well just slow it down, that's how it's taught in the System, just slow-mo. It's fairly easy to figure out. But if you have the money you might as well just buy the System. It's worth it.

It's weird now that you mention it, I don't even know how I learned it. My friend has the System and I have the Trilogy... But I only ever watched the System for Genesis, the Madonna's the false Sybil and such... I have NO idea where I learned the Molecule 2... Good question though, and I'm sticking with the slow-mo action because that's all you get anyways. Good luck friend.

Jan 28, 2008
Yeah all i did was watch the productions over and over again until i got it down quite simple only thing i cant do for some reason is the deck flip its so simple but i just cant do it, once i get it ill be all set to go.

Yeah all i did was watch the productions over and over again until i got it down quite simple only thing i cant do for some reason is the deck flip its so simple but i just cant do it, once i get it ill be all set to go.

I know what you mean, I can do it with my right hand fine but, the left one seems so awkward. It is very knacky and I'm getting much better at it though which is nice.

A 1-on-1 of the Molecule 2 re-filmed would be nice. I learned the same way the most of you did but, I just want the Buck's tips on the Deck Flip.

-RA69

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I just want the Buck's tips on the Deck Flip.

There are three things I usually see people doing wrong with a deck flip.

1. They don't squeeze the pack tightly enough before the flip. Air in the deck will separate it into a flurry of individual cards.

2. They don't release quickly enough. You really need to snap the hand open and back, so when you release the deck it doesn't touch any part of your hand; imagine that the deck is hot, and you're trying not to get burned.

3. They start the flipping motion too late. There's a flow to it, where the deck just flips itself when you let go of it, and that flow begins very early in the deck-tossing process; for the geometrically minded, it's a wide elliptical path with a narrow vertical radius. Do it very slowly, and you'll automatically stumble into it because it's the only way you can do it at all when you slow way down.

These aren't Dan and Dave's tips, obviously, but I've been flipping stuff around as a nervous habit for years, and there's not much I can't tell you how to flip from one hand to another in the air. Knives are the hardest.

There are three things I usually see people doing wrong with a deck flip.

1. They don't squeeze the pack tightly enough before the flip. Air in the deck will separate it into a flurry of individual cards.

2. They don't release quickly enough. You really need to snap the hand open and back, so when you release the deck it doesn't touch any part of your hand; imagine that the deck is hot, and you're trying not to get burned.

3. They start the flipping motion too late. There's a flow to it, where the deck just flips itself when you let go of it, and that flow begins very early in the deck-tossing process; for the geometrically minded, it's a wide elliptical path with a narrow vertical radius. Do it very slowly, and you'll automatically stumble into it because it's the only way you can do it at all when you slow way down.

These aren't Dan and Dave's tips, obviously, but I've been flipping stuff around as a nervous habit for years, and there's not much I can't tell you how to flip from one hand to another in the air. Knives are the hardest.

Thanks a lot, I will try that tonight, once I get home from my dry-land training.

It's frustrating since I can do the exact move in my right hand flawlessly, and my left-hand just seems so awkward, it's just more of getting use to than anything.

It would be like throwing a perfect spiral in your right-hand perfectly, and then not being able to do it with your left-hand even though your grip and technique are right. If that makes any sense :)

-RA69

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I can do the exact move in my right hand flawlessly, and my left-hand just seems so awkward, it's just more of getting use to than anything.

A red flag just went up in my head.

Are we talking about flipping a deck in one hand, or between two hands?

Because the advice I've given is for flipping a deck through the air from one hand to the other. Flipping a deck in one hand can be done a few different ways, and while this method will still work, it might not be the look you want.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Scroll down until you see Dan Bucks post.

o_O

Dan Buck is an amazing instructor.

He managed to explain the process in less than half the space I would have needed. He did an incredible job of saying exactly what needed to be said and nothing more.

Those last three words are my problem with trick instruction. I can go on for a page and a half about one finger's position. That's why I'm a sucky teacher.

Every doubt I ever had about getting Dan and Dave PDFs is now gone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results