That One Trick

Hi I was wondering what is that one trick that got you into magic.

For me it was when I went to England for a holiday and I went to Harrods and I saw this guy doing The Lights From Anywhere By Marvins Magic (The same as D'Lights) and I was totally amazed so I decided to get them and when me and my brother where walking down the street we started playing catch with the lights on lookers where amazed. I used to do some magic before this but this trick got me into serious magic.

So what is the trick that started it out for you?

JDEN

Sep 1, 2007
There was this magician in an airport who restored a card in my hand, when I was about four. I believed it to be real for the longest time, even after I started magic.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
A psychological force of carrot. With it written on a piece of paper. When I was about 13 or 14 is what really got me back into magic, well more specifically mentalism. Then Stigmata pushed it over the edge and took the it from a hobby to something more.

Sep 2, 2007
I honestly cannot say. hmmm...probably some trick that my sisters showed me. either one with these two bits of paper that ended up in one hand, or te saltshaker thru table. I drifted away from magic when I was about ten, a little adfter my first bug show, but got into it again about two years ago :) Great times.....

Oct 6, 2007
Well, for me, it was a mixture of David Blaine's street magic special and my 'ex-magician' friend.

He showed me 2 card monte, here then there and card to mouth.
It was then he became my 'mentor',. Since them I've found bigger and better things.

Feb 2, 2008
A pyschological force, where there were two cards on the table and i ALWAYS picked the wrong card =(

(ps does anyone know where to learn this kinda of stuff besides like BRown's DBP)

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Mine was actually the same as Dan and Dave, excpet blaine performed it in a car advert here in the uk and he also did a card through window on a car, i was into magic before that due to my grandad being a street performer years with the 3 card montey game etc, but it was the blaine that got me into magic heavily.

=)

Feb 2, 2008
I still remember my very first reaction when a mysterious stranger named David Blaine made this girl's card appear in the beer bottle behind her :) I described this to many of my friends, I was so impressed. That was my first exposure to the power of close-up magic, I think I saw it in 2004 on AXN. I also believed that he can levitate when I saw him on the special. Then my girl friend gave me a magic set with cards for my birthday and that was it, I was hooked :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results