Coin Half Way Thru Bottle?

May 10, 2008
Can't wait to see it! It would make a nice follow up effect to Flow or Factory Sealed.

(laughed at the signed bottle, because you can totally palm or switch a water bottle discretly)

Oct 8, 2007
I don't think you see what the others are saying.

What is the point of pushing a coin halfway through? Read again.

I'd be more surprised if a magician actually pushed the coin all the way through. It's maybe because you wanted to use a medium familiar to you and other magicians and in this case, you used the classic coin and bottle, and so you ended up doing this. For me, such an effect would work better with other objects, say... a pencil halfway through a table, or a finger halfway through the bottle, but the coin halfway through the bottle is a bit trying too hard.

Well actually, the "halfway through-effect" is contradicting my view on just pushing it all the way in. You might want to go for an object that wouldn't come off easily after being pushed through. A pencil pushed halfway through would easily slide itself to the other side due to its shape. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

And to take your effect literally, is there really a way to have it stuck there, as you say, forever? I mean, if you can break a bottle, bend metal spoons, smash a glass, or do any other feat of destruction, surely you can take the coin off the plastic bottle by force. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Yeah the key point is, a magician this would be interesting because we have seen countless CTB effects and this is a different and original thing, but to a layman who's (probably) never seen a CTB, a CTB is a different and original thing.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
This has potential to be a great effect.

If you truly believe this trick is worth it, you can:

You can keep this trick to yourself, perfect the method, and post up a street video in a couple of months after perfection.

Take into advice that as soon as you create a new effect, you may not want to tell people right away. I created a Card Halfway Through Window but when I told the forums here about it, I realized the several flaws my performance would have.

SO, what you want to do, is pefect your idea first. Have the method, have a script and performance for it, and perfect it on the streets. THEN show the forum members this video, rather than telling us your effect which could very well not be a great presentation, just something that sounds good on paper as an effect.

I hope I didn't come across rudely.

However, it does sound like an interesting effect and I would love to see a video of your trick after it has been perfected. Also, a good hint for a routine would be a coin through bottle, and then do a coin halfway through bottle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results