One-Handed Tricks?

Sep 1, 2007
I recently messed up my shoulder pretty badly in a Giant Hamster ball accident. I know, I wouldn't believe it either. It's really getting in the way of my magic and flourishing. I can sort of use the hand but I can't move my arm. It's my left arm and I'm a leftie (I hold the deck in my right hand). Luckily I can still do some flourishes, which I enjoy more than magic. I was looking for some one handed tricks I could do, but nothing extremely difficult or angle sensitive. I'm mostly in to card magic but I'm open to trying others. I'm still able to shuffle and do basic stuff with two hands but using just one hand for everything would be nice. I've seen a few one handed ACRs but I can't do a one handed DL yet. I also saw this really cool Oil and Water by a Rene Leveland using only one hand but I can't figure out exactly how he does it. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdUgY5MzuyI

I can't do my normal Oil and Water in this condition, and his looks pretty hard. Does anyone know of any tricks that can be done with just one hand? Any feedback is greatly appriciated.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
as far as flourish goes alot of the stuff have one handed version of it, like changes/cuts/shuffle/display and alot of other stuff simply needs 2. unfortunately there is very little material around which sorely teaches 1 handed stuff simply because 99% of the ppl can use 2 both hands.

There is an effect on a John Born DVD Cutting Edge Cards and Coins with Jason Dean and John Born (3 DVDs) , aptly enough named " One Handed Card Trick" ... It is one of my favorite over all effects that I use a bunch ... The one effect is probably not worth buying the set ( priced around $55.00) , but maybe someone you know has it in thier library ...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results